bat scripts?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Anyone here good at creating .bat scripts? If so please let me know. I need some assistance.

I used to do them a LOT, including if - then statements but that was a very long time ago. I'm very rusty but let me know what the issue is.

Thats awesome and I bet it will come back to you very quickly. I have just found out that you can flash a rom through ADB commands. So what I was thinking is making a full utility like the Kindle Fire utility but include the commands for flashing a rom too. The kindle fire utility is a great utility to root and install custom recovery already so I was just thinking of editing that to add in the commands for flashing a rom.

I have looked into it myself but it is over my head but I didnt notice in Kindle fire utility that the author of it said anyone could take it and mess with it any way they wanted, so thats another reason I thought I would use it as a base and add to it.

Let me know what you think?

If someone could PM me the commands I can take a look to see how far it could be automated. Many of the old commands, mostly conditional, don't work the same as they did in the days of DOS.

I just want to give an update. I have been working with bat scripts and trying to figure them out sense I posted this and I have to say I have learned a lot.

Batch scripting is pretty fun and easy and I recommend it to anyone that wants to get started in some sort of programming. There is a lot you can do with a bat script for Android devices and then with a little bat to exe converter you can turn that bat script into an EXE program.

I am going to be writing up a tutorial with an easy bat script example and will make it available on my website.

Back