Hi Everyone!

Philippos

Dec 9, 2012
I'm totally new to the droid world. I've recently bought a mid9010 tablet. The default homepage was set to s1.ereadingsource.com. I've changed it to google.com. The problem appears when I try a "web search": The s1.ereadingsource.com opens in the new tab instead of the google page.
How I change this and remove once and for all the "s1.ereadingsource.com" from the tablet ?
Any assistance would be highly appreciated.
TIA
Philippos

Hi Philippos , congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. It sounds as though there's also a default page for new tabs on that browser. If so, change that one as well. In case that's not it, I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Hi Philippos , congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. It sounds as though there's also a default page for new tabs on that browser. If so, change that one as well. In case that's not it, I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Spider, thanks for your reply. Please note that
- the problem persists even after I've installed and use Chrome as a browser.
- I don't know where to locate the settings in order to change the default page for new tabs as you suggest

Hopefully, someone will come along here in Q&A who can help you further.

Back