How do you edit the registry and/or disable Incognito on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2?

oregongirl23

May 23, 2012
Hello everyone! I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 yesterday and I am trying to figure out how to disable Incognito browsing. I have disabled InPrivate Browsing on my PCs for both Firefox and Explorer by simply editing the registries. However, I'm not sure how to go about it on a tablet. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thanks!:)

Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure how one would go about doing this for Android. At best, it would be an option in the settings of the app, or an add-on to the browser (if supported).

I cannot seem to find a way to disable it in Browser, ICS Browser+ or Dolphin Browser HD.

Thank you for the reply, Frederuco. You said you can't figure out how to disable it in Browser, ICS Browser+ or Dolphin Browser HD. I'm totally new to the tab world so pardon me for sounding a little dumb - but are those browsers that are specific to tablets only? Are there any tablet browsers on which you *have* figured out how to disable private browsing? Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure how one would go about doing this for Android. At best, it would be an option in the settings of the app, or an add-on to the browser (if supported).

I cannot seem to find a way to disable it in Browser, ICS Browser+ or Dolphin Browser HD.

Thank you for the reply, Frederuco. You said you can't figure out how to disable it in Browser, ICS Browser+ or Dolphin Browser HD. I'm totally new to the tab world so pardon me for sounding a little dumb - but are those browsers that are specific to tablets only? Are there any tablet browsers on which you *have* figured out how to disable private browsing? Thanks in advance!

Browser - the included web browser.
ICS Browser+ - A better web browser (built on the original Browser). It is only available for ICS devices (tablets and phones).
Dolphin Browser HD - A browser that works for Tablets (and some phones). Closest to FireFox for a desktop (has LastPass, XMarks add ons and many other add ons)

I only use ICS Browser+ and Dolphin Browser HD. Others you can try on your own that have honorable mention by yours truly (but I have uninstalled them because the others work much better):
Maxathon
Boat Browser
Opera Mobile
Chrome Beta (ICS Only)

Back