How to access safe mode

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I stumbled onto this while trying to add 4 way reboot and screen shot to the power menu. The last time I've seen safe mode was on my first android (Samsung Moment) and I didn't have any idea what it was and ended up doing a factory rest to fix it. I never thought of it again till now, so I looked it up just in case it happens on this tablet. I came across a detailed article on it so I will just post that link. I found it by long pressing on power off on the power menu. I also noticed its the same on my phone so I'm sure some of use have seen or even know what this is but for anyone who doesn't here is a link that describes what safe mode is and how you can use it.
http://www.tested.com/tech/android/...ds-safe-mode-to-save-a-phone-from-boot-loops/

Here is what the menu looks like.
rTVgo.jpeg

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for posting.

This was added with Jelly Bean (and I think ICS) for most devices unless the OEM disabled it.

Thanks for posting.

This was added with Jelly Bean (and I think ICS) for most devices unless the OEM disabled it.

I figured it was a jb thing but this was the first I've seen it. I posted it cause I'm sure that I'm not the only one who didn't know about this :sly: I never thought to long press the power off or anything on the power menu for that matter but I'm looking into adding advanced power menu to our tablet and I saw that long press can be added to it.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Back