MID8048 can't mount sdcard, no OS. HELP!

dchilljr

Dec 13, 2012
I'm not sure what I did wrong, but in trying to root my wife's Christmas present, I ended up creating a doorstop. I was trying to install vampirefo's gapps-root package, but I believe I must have wiped system instead of /data. No problem, I thought - I'll just install vampirefo's ICS4.0.4 OS. The problem - CWM Recovery can't mount /sdcard.

I've tried everything I can think of with adb and fastboot flash, but to no avail. Now all I get is the Colby logo - not even the Android bootanim. I can push and pull files to/from /sdcard, but CWM still can't mount.

So I'm stuck with no OS. Bootloader and CWM Recovery are working, but that's it. Can anybody help me?

I will be unloading a stock 8048 with root and gapps sometime today, you need to use micro sdcard not nand to backup and restore.

I have tried several, but no difference. A Sandisk 16gb class 4, a Sandisk 8gb cl4, a PNY 8GB CLASS crap... I also tried with no mSD installed, since I think that the /sdcard/ is referring to internal storage.

I will be unloading a stock 8048 with root and gapps sometime today, you need to use micro sdcard not nand to backup and restore.
That's GREAT! I just hope I can figure out the /sdcard/ mount situation. Thanks for your input!

Update: Managed to flash stock_8048_root_gapps_signed.zip by mounting /sdcard/ to /data - the rom works, has root and gapps. While in the ICS environment, I see "SDCard is mounted" in the notifications, and I can see my files in ES File Manager. I can explore both internal and external sdcard, but CWM Recovery (which I've flashed three times) still "Can't mount /sdcard" - I think this is a result of having wiped system in the first place. No, I didn't make a system dump - I mistakenly thought the good dump for the 7048 was for the 8048 (I must be a little dyslexic.) Anyway, I seem to be in desperate need of a system dump for the 8048 - specifically the system.img. I don't know if that will create the Android partitions or not, but I need to try. Any help WILL be appreciated.

Back