Questions Questions from new user

ellandry

Sep 26, 2011
Ok I have my Tablet, I like it but I feel uneasy about a few things and need some advice and assistance so I dont get frustrated and return it LOL.

1. I have a Blackberry Torch which in the past I have tethered to my laptop using a program called PDANET and it has worked well. I know there is a version of PDANET for Android but since I cannot seem to find a Blackberry device driver for Android I cannot figure out a way to tether the A500 to my Torch for internet access. Unfortunately the Torch does not have a Wifi hotspot option like other smartphones do.

2. Netflix- I have it running but when I try to play a movie it comes up with an error that it lost connection to the server. Does anyone see this being resolved anytime soon?

3. Cases- Are the cases with the built in keyboard worth getting?

4. I have read a little bit about rooting the A500 and would like to understand what benefits would this serve? Can I get more things to work with the A500 if it is rooted?

5. 3G- I know AT&T is releasing the A501 which will have 4G capability. Is there an inexpensive 3G addon that I can get for the A500 that would allow me to use the 3G capable SIM card from my Torch for internet access?

Sorry for all the questions I am a very techy guy when it comes to Windows and Blackberry but I am lost when it comes to Android

There are lots of threads here that cover all of these topics.

Some are marked sticky, so they are at the top. Others take a little digging, but its worth the effort because you will
get a variety of opinions.

2. Netflix- I have it running but when I try to play a movie it comes up with an error that it lost connection to the server. Does anyone see this being resolved anytime soon?

How did you get Netflix running?

Back