Samsung Galaxy Tab wifi GT P1010 bricked please help

stryfe666

Jun 19, 2011
I brought a Samsung Galaxy Tab in the Phillippeans which I tried to update the firmware as per this guide How To Update Samsung Galaxy Tab WiFi P1010 to XWKC1 Froyo 2.2.1 Firmware | Android Advices

Unfortunately like many users who have followed this guide with the wifi only version of the tab, I now own an expensive paper weight.

The install process for the XWKC1 2.2.1 seemed to have went smoothly enough until I started my tab up i received a message saying "process.andriod.processmedia stoped unexpectedly try again" the unit then reboots. It appears now that mt tab is stuck in a cycle where it reboots with in the first 30 seconds of start up.

I found other discussions on this issue with no solution as yet

There are several stock firmware on the Samfirmware site
Login - www.SamFirmware.com

I've tried Europe firmwares with no success.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue???

Below is a list of guides that I found which are the same as the one I followed
DO NOT USE THESE GUIDES THEY WILL KILL YOUR GT-P1010

How To Install Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread ROM On Samsung Galaxy Tab
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Tab WiFi P1010 to XWKC1 Froyo 2.2.1 Firmware | Android Advices
How to Flash Upgrade/Update Samsung Galaxy TAB P1010 WIFI Firmware using ODIN ~ Android Solution
How To Update / Upgrade Your Samsung Galaxy Tab WiFi P1010 To Android 2.2.1 Froyo Build XWKC1

Did you try the newest asian firmware available at samfirmware? Also, be sure to use odin 1.7 as stated in the program list there. I think i just reflashed my p1010 like 10 times this week cuz i always played around a little too much. But yeah, always worked for me.
Just download the Guide at Samfirmware and be sure to use odin 1.7...

hope that helps

hi. i am a new tab user. bought a pre-owned galaxy tab wifi only korean release. it is on gingerbread, however, it does not detect the internal memory nor the sd card memory. i plugged it in on kies, it does detect the tab, but it shows no internal memory available. what is wrong with it?

Back