Yuandao N90FHD

conradj

Nov 21, 2012
Just got one of these a few days ago, the OEM version. These are my observations so far:

Nice tablet. Well worth the price.

Full 2048 x 1536 rez doesn't work that well. Mebbe driver prob, or hardware limitation: it runs out of memory quickly and goes into OOM purgatory, becoming unusable and needing a reboot. Full rez looks fantastic tho.

"Normal" 1600 x 1200 rez works ok tho free RAM is much lower than with my other tablet, a Ployer Momo8 Speed which is also a Rockchip RK3066 device. After a bit of use get slowdowns when it scrounges for memory. Normal rez looks pretty good.

Battery life is fantastic. Am getting like 10hr or more on time per charge.

i have it rooted, but can't change CPU settings; it won't change governors etc. (i can with the Ployer so it's not the apps i'm using).

Wi-Fi is a bit flaky with my router.

Overall a nice tab that's easy on my eyes. i'm using it all the time.

i have it rooted, but can't change CPU settings; it won't change governors etc. (i can with the Ployer so it's not the apps i'm using).

Nope, not the apps. T'was me. i reinstalled SU and the CPU control apps and it works now: i can change the governors and settings.

Edit:
It's too bad the video driver (hardware or software) seems to be problematic. If they ever fix it this would be a really fantastic tablet, all of these Retina screened RK3066 ones.

Last edited:
Plugged in a Philips 32GB class 10 microSD card (at least that's the brand printed on the packaging). Works fine.

Connected it to a few random bluetooth keyboards, they all work fine with a tiny bit of lag, however tablet battery drain is higher than i expected.

I have same problem with RAM in both modes - HD & SD:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am unable to install drivers In win 7 .. I wanted to flash firmware .. the software is too buggy lag and slow

Lets hope Yuandao comes out with drivers for this tab that stop eating up all free memory. That'll go a long way towards fixing all these issues. It is otherwise a nice tablet.

Is there an active forum somewhere for RK3066 devs and hackers? i don't read chinese so am hoping there are english forums for it.

--i took mine apart and it has an aluminum back case: that aluminum piece on the back is actually the rear case. The plastic all around the back edges is just a bezel, a rectangle of plastic trim stuck on with double sided tape. It hides the screws that fasten down the aluminum rear case to the plastic front case.

The li-ion polymer batteries inside look like good units, at least with mine. The circuit board is laid out well, assembly inside is fine.

Lets hope Yuandao comes out with drivers for this tab that stop eating up all free memory. That'll go a long way towards fixing all these issues. It is otherwise a nice tablet.

Is there an active forum somewhere for RK3066 devs and hackers? i don't read chinese so am hoping there are english forums for it.

--i took mine apart and it has an aluminum back case: that aluminum piece on the back is actually the rear case. The plastic all around the back edges is just a bezel, a rectangle of plastic trim stuck on with double sided tape. It hides the screws that fasten down the aluminum rear case to the plastic front case.

The li-ion polymer batteries inside look like good units, at least with mine. The circuit board is laid out well, assembly inside is fine.
http://www.slatedroid.com/index.php?/topic/39486-CHUWI-V99-Retina-Tablet

Back