Advice - TF101 or TF300

tcolson

Jun 7, 2012
Hi all

This is my first posting here so hopefully this goes ok.

I have been looking into purchashing an android tablet for a little while for a range of reasons, as follows.

• For being able to read my kindle books in colour.
  • For note taking (not essay writing) / showing presentations (looking to start a part time course in the next 6 months)
  • Using with my digital mapping software (anquet), a mix of indoors / in vehicle situations / some outdoors work.
  • Web / email / youtube / facebook e.t.c.

I'm not looking for extensive gameplaying / movie watching e.t.c.

I like the idea of the asus transformer range, particularly if I start a course being able to add the keyboard with its extra features is a big plus.

What I would like some advice on is would a Tf101 is suitable for the above or am I better waiting until the TF700 is released and hoping the Tf300t drops in price into my budget (About £250-£300). I have seen the Tf101 going on eBay for about £250 or the Tf300 (US version?) for the same price. Not sure about the US version so any info on that would also be appreciated.

Many thanks

Tony

Last edited:
The TF300T is a great device for the money. The 700T will cost considerably more >$100 US than the 300T. The 300T is more of a replacement for the TF101 and the 700T more of a super duper TF201. But yea, that keyboard is a pretty good deal,

So, imo the 300T would be the way to go.

And welcome to the forum.

Hi Leeshor

Thanks for the reply. A further quick question I have seen the Tf300 listed as both with and without the t at the end (as in Tf300t & Tf300), it looks like the Tf300 listing is the US version, other than the charger are there any other differences you know of?

Thanks

Tony

the 300 is better it has the quad cores like the 201 and it has ddr3 memory much faster and better then the 101.
i have the 300 i got it over the tf 101. tf 201 and ipad. the 300 is awesome

Back