Battery Life

Grimism

Dec 12, 2010
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but my battery keeps dying on me when I am not even using my tablet. How do you stop the battery from being used when the tablet is not being touched? I remember on my iPod touch I would hit the one button, screen would go black and I can leave it like that for days without the battery being affected. But my gentouch I can charge 100 percent, hit the power button so the screen goes black, come home later to use it and its dead. I am sick of having to turn it on because it takes so long, but my concern is when I ring it with me on the go. I dont use it for hours and when I do need it for a few minutes its already dead.

Am I doing something wrong? How do you guys put it on sleep or whatever so the battery does not die????

You're putting it into sleep mode which I have discovered does use power. My only suggestion is turn the device *fully* off each time, then the battery will hold its charge.

Hope this helps,
Richardo

Damn, I was hoping I would not have to turn it off, due it it long start up time. Guess they have crappy sleep mode compared to other devices.

Yep, no work around that I have been able to find, short push of the power button only turns off the screen, rest of the device is still running.

Back