Do I need a wireless carrier??

LoveJC03

Jan 11, 2012
I will be getting the Acer A100 next month :) I've been viewing this form and I notice that Acer tablets are "wireless carrier back brand"..... does that mean I can't use it if I don't have Verizon or another carrier? I have Wifi at my house, but I don't have a wireless carrier.

You can use it on wifi just fine. The carrier is if you want to use it on 4g or 3g

Sent from my Vizio Tab/ Universal Remote

The Acer 100 has a SIM card slot. It isn't operable, but I'll bet Acer is hedging its bets for either European use or a later edition with a network connection in the US. ATT seems to have the 10 inch and ATT is GSM so you would need a SIM card. I'm just as glad it doesn't have a carrier connection. There's less than half of the carrier bloatware installed. OTOH, you can only use a wifi connection and availability of service is unknown.
I went looking for accessories, and half the stuff I wanted was either Acer Europe, or AE.

Okay that's great I'm glad I can use it with just wifi :D I've been so excited about getting it it would stink if I wasn't able to use it!

Can you get 3G externally?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Maybe by tethering. You would have to check will your carrier.

I know I could hook up the Sony Clie by bluetooth to a phone and that was years ago.

Back