How To Select Block Of Contiguous Files?

joneall

Sep 11, 2014
This would be accomplished in Windows or Linux by entering a file explorer, clicking on the first file, then holding down the shift key as you click on the last file in the group you want.

I cannot figure out how to do it in the default "My files" or Cheetah or X-plore file explorers.

When travelling, I transfer photos from the camera's mem card to a tablet every day. This means selecting on the order of 200 files at a time. Doing that by clicking in the little box by the file name is -- at the least -- tedious. It is also error-prone.

That would be great. I have installed it, but have no idea how to do the block selection. (Documentation is not Android's strong point...) Help, please.

You're right about the documentation part.;) Do a long tap on any one file. Multi select boxes will magically appear. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, But... then I have to click on each file I want. If there is a range of, say, 150 continguous files, I do not want to have to tap on 150 little boxes; I want to tap twice, once on the first and once on the last. In windows, you tap/click on the first and shift-tap/click on on the last. THAT is what I am looking for.

Any ideas?

True. Unfortunately, it isn't (really) Linux either. Thanks for your efforts.

Back