Wopad 7001 problem

menelaus

Jan 6, 2011
i got my Wopad 7001 from merimobiles yesterday, it worked great and then the screen went white, then stripes, now its half black half white. I can hear it reboot with audio indication...not sure what to do, dont want to have to ship it back please any help would be appreciated.

Did you send and email to Oliver and Philip? They generally respond quickly. Or you could just call them.

have you tried the reset button yet (on top next to the power button) you will need a pin or something to reach it.

i knew someone would ask that...yes i tried the pin reset thus my comment about hearing it reboot...but thanks anyways.
should i try to flash it?

@menelaus - I think there is a firmware update coming out this week. The support team from merimobiles said that they will be posting instructions etc on the page where they sell the wopad. I would speak to Philip and Oliver first though in case you do something that invalidates any warranty.

thanks wolfie...that might do the trick. i actually got the wopad to work today...the batttery must have drained all the way and i recharged it worked great for 3 hours then it froze white screen again.

im happy to report that my Wopad is working great after a rough sta
rt it is a great tablet screen is very responsive will be hesitant to load new firmware coming out since i like the way it is now

wopad is messed up again...screen blank. obviously not too dependable. i will let battery drain again i guess.

Can anyone tell the world how the Wopad 7001 performs a 'button only' hard reset without entering the menu?
You guessed, I can't enter the menu any more, and flash ROM did not succeed.

It would be quite awful if there is no button hard reset... Which is exactly what I suspect.

Back