Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Acer A100 Wifi problems anyone?

Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    I've got an A100 and have been able to successfully connect to a Linksys E2000 running DD-WRT and another on stock firmware. No problems with connectivity

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia a100
    I don't think mine has any problems - however, on my home wifi my tab says its only getting a 50 percent signal ...which makes me a little suspicious ........mmmmm

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia a100
    @Desolateplanet - You whine like a little girl. Just return it if you hate everything about it. Or if you can't return it, then throw it away, and stop wasting your time on internet forums. Good luck, I hope you can move on with your life.

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    xoom and a100
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerunn3r View Post
    @Desolateplanet - You whine like a little girl. Just return it if you hate everything about it. Or if you can't return it, then throw it away, and stop wasting your time on internet forums. Good luck, I hope you can move on with your life.
    @bladerunn3r..I hope you are not as dumb as your photo suggests. Considering you misspelled your own city "Fort Wort", i believe you are. For anyone interested in this product, DO NOT BUY! Or you will end up taking Bladerunn3r's advice and just throwing it away.

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Sylvania Mini Tablet Express
    well IM certainly looking to buy one Acer a100 tab, you guys mean that it has some trouble regarding wifi connection?

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia a100
    @desolateplanet - why do you hope I'm not dumb? Do you have some kind of investment in my intellect?

And why do you care where I live? I'm at your mom's house right now if you're curious.

And what does your photo "suggest" about you? That you are ashamed of your face?

Haha I'm joking.... but you are really reading to much into my post. I apologize for being rude. Your complaints and grievances are warranted I'm sure, but just tone down the "I wish I wouldn't have got this," or "I wish I would have waited," or "I wish I was never born" - because it sounds less like advice and more like trolling.

Good day sir.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A100 Tablet
    I just purchased my first tablet, an A100 a week ago. The store recommended to have it set up by them for an additional $49, but I thought I would have a go at it first. Same thing, at home where I have a D-Link N router I get confusing signals - "Connected" then goes to "Scanning", then to "Disconnected" then back again to "Connected", cycling forever. I was never able to use it yet at home cause I can't get a connection. At the office I was able to connect and get the internet for a couple of brief times but then the wifi signal would suddenly become weak. I was hoping to use my table mostly away from home so I expect it to be able to connect regardless of what router is being used out there. From what I've seen in this forum I should return my unit for exchange or have eventually pay the $49 set up cost? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nexus 7 2nd Gen. and Samsung Galaxy S4
    My WiFi works perfectly with a strong signal on a 2Wire AT&T router and at my work with a Netgear router. Are you using an app killer app? If so delete it and see if it helps. Either way, there is no need for an app killer apps in Android. Android does not process like Windows, Apple, or any thing else for that matter. But they do interfere with a lot of other apps.
    If not for the darkness, then how would we recognize the light. -Lieutenant Tuvok

7 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by junollie View Post
    I just purchased my first tablet, an A100 a week ago. The store recommended to have it set up by them for an additional $49, but I thought I would have a go at it first. Same thing, at home where I have a D-Link N router I get confusing signals - "Connected" then goes to "Scanning", then to "Disconnected" then back again to "Connected", cycling forever. I was never able to use it yet at home cause I can't get a connection. At the office I was able to connect and get the internet for a couple of brief times but then the wifi signal would suddenly become weak. I was hoping to use my table mostly away from home so I expect it to be able to connect regardless of what router is being used out there. From what I've seen in this forum I should return my unit for exchange or have eventually pay the $49 set up cost? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
    I have no idea what they would even do to "set up" your tablet for $49, but I'm pretty sure whatever they do wouldn't help with your WiFi connectivity -- since they won't be touching those settings unless you bring them to your house and give them your WiFi password.

I'm not sure with the A100's and 3.2, but the A500's had similar problems, some of which were software based, when the tablet would not remember the password, for some reason. One work around for this was using a secondary WiFi configuration utility (app available in market) to set the password.

1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nexus 7 2nd Gen. and Samsung Galaxy S4
    $49 set up? That sounds like Best Buy. They tried to get me to pay $150 to set up a new laptop one time. I declined. But with an Android tablet? What is there to set up? It starts up and walks you through everything you need to do.

As far as the WiFi problem, sounds like a defect. Mine not only connects in a snap at home and at work but also works at Starbucks and McDonalds. In fact when I first got it and logged on to my Google account my set-up passwords from my Droid automatically transfered in from Google and I never had to put in my password. Because I have been using these routers with my Droid phone. I thought that was really smart of Google. Very pleased with my new Acer A100. Might even get the A500 too.
    If not for the darkness, then how would we recognize the light. -Lieutenant Tuvok

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Ads: