Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Chargers

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer A500

Chargers

It just occurred to me that I have only ONE way to charge the A500, and if anything happens to it, I'm toast.

Anyone found wall chargers for sale? Tips for iGo chargers? Car chargers?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Viewsonic GTab
    Im in the process on working that angle with a local distributor!!! Needless to say i left my winpy 3 foot charger at the house today and I'm pissed

I'll keep you posted as well as my site
    ceramicsaturn thanked this.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color
    Quote Originally Posted by it2steve View Post
    Im in the process on working that angle with a local distributor!!! Needless to say i left my winpy 3 foot charger at the house today and I'm pissed

I'll keep you posted as well as my site
    THANK you. I seriously HATE this wall charger. I feel like I'm glued against the wall when I have to use it while it charges.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Member #
    Level
    I agree, the charger is lame.
    I understant that if you want to charge at an amp and a half, you can't do that thru the USB port and still stay within USB specifications. 1amp is max there per spec.

But why not allow charging thru the micro USB port at a slower rate, instead of just ignoring any power available over that port?
    Almost any android phone charger would work if they just allowed some charging from the USB port, even if it is slower.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebike View Post
    I agree, the charger is lame.
    I understant that if you want to charge at an amp and a half, you can't do that thru the USB port and still stay within USB specifications. 1amp is max there per spec.

But why not allow charging thru the micro USB port at a slower rate, instead of just ignoring any power available over that port?
    Almost any android phone charger would work if they just allowed some charging from the USB port, even if it is slower.
    What I dont get is that they announced it WOULD charge off the USB port ages ago.. so I don't know what the heck happened. I don't even care about that. If I need a proprietary port, fine. The Transformer needs it.. I understand. But when the cord is this short, and the electrical pins on the end that plug into the wall so freakin touchy (if I move one inch, it loses the connection to charge for some reason), then there's a problem.

PLEASE let us know if you find someone who can make at least a 5-6ft long cord. I'd love to charge this while sitting on the sofa and watching tv.

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Viewsonic GTab
    Quote Originally Posted by ceramicsaturn View Post
    What I dont get is that they announced it WOULD charge off the USB port ages ago.. so I don't know what the heck happened. I don't even care about that. If I need a proprietary port, fine. The Transformer needs it.. I understand. But when the cord is this short, and the electrical pins on the end that plug into the wall so freakin touchy (if I move one inch, it loses the connection to charge for some reason), then there's a problem.

PLEASE let us know if you find someone who can make at least a 5-6ft long cord. I'd love to charge this while sitting on the sofa and watching tv.
    my 'demo' of the charger should be here Wednesday If it works I should be able to get some VERY quickly!

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    I bought a multi ac/dc adapter that has 5v - 12 volt 1300ma (the Acer Charger is 12v at 1500ma) and a seven different plugs plus a USB charger socket at walmart. It has an eight foot cord which is plenty long.

I got it for my cruz reader but it has an adapter that fits the Iconia and works just fine.

Cen5

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer A500 Tablet
    Quote Originally Posted by ceramicsaturn View Post
    THANK you. I seriously HATE this wall charger. I feel like I'm glued against the wall when I have to use it while it charges.

Suggestion for temporary fix while waiting for charger with longer cord.

Use an extension cord.

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Droid X, Acer Iconia
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhabq View Post
    Suggestion for temporary fix while waiting for charger with longer cord.

Use an extension cord.
    haha, Nice!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Member #
    Level
    Google "ELK-P1216" (with the quotes). You will find a lot of sources. Its very common.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: