Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: Best Tablet Browser

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #

Best Tablet Browser

I am testing the dolphin browser with the acer tablet. The main reason is because the default browser does not automatically log to some of the sites in full. It goes to the mobile and that drives me crazy. I log to the UFC site often and I can not even get the site to get out of the mobile. So I started testing with dolphin browser. While it is not fully supported for the tablet, at least I don't think, it works great loading the flash videos on espn and of course ufc. But it sometimes locks, especially on UFC site.

Does anyone know of a browser that is set for the tablet as of now that will default to full web and will play the videos on ESPN? Thanks in advanced.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Iconia A500
    In the normal browser, type about:debug in the URL box, then go into the browser settings menu where you'll see "debug" as a new section. In there, tap "UAstring" and select Desktop. Now the stock browser tells sites you're a desktop browser and won't redirect to the mobile sites. No need to install a different browser.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Senior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Have you tried the Firefox browser? Works well on my HTC Desire but not sure if it's good for tablets

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Thank you. Did not know about the debug feature. However the interesting thing is that it is still not working as I expect it for some sites even after I set it to desktop. Furthermore, when I go to a site like ESPN, the videos that come up do not play. They show as pictures. However, the dolphin works better on that area. But it still locks up sometimes. I will keep playing around with the Chrome browser, but my guess is that it still needs some work. Thank you all for the suggestions. I will also try the fireforx browser and see how it works.

100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    acer iconia tab A500
    try maxthon browser ..... Wonderful for tablet

install it from android market

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    android tablet WMT2.0.1_88
    For me the best is skyfire but i dont know if it is best for your tab. ツ

Member #
    Awesome suggestions. Thank you. :-)

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500 Tab | HTC Thunderbolt
    Just went to the UFC site as I am a huge fan as well. I was able to get the full website (desktop) not the android version. The first time I went there I switched to android view using the dolphin plug-in (Desktop Toggle) and tried to switch back...it wouldn't. So I exited the browser and cleared the cache and history upon exit then tried again...Once again I got the desktop version of the site. I saved the bookmark then switched to android view and could not switch back like before...but if I choose the UFC bookmark I made, it reverts back to the desktop version. Craziness! Hope this helps you out somehow.
    Acer Iconia A500 Tab

Member #
    That helps thank you.

Member #
    Device
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    I am testing the dolphin browser with the acer tablet. The main reason is because the default browser does not automatically log to some of the sites in full. It goes to the mobile and that drives me crazy. I log to the UFC site often and I can not even get the site to get out of the mobile. So I started testing with dolphin browser. While it is not fully supported for the tablet, at least I don't think, it works great loading the flash videos on espn and of course ufc. But it sometimes locks, especially on UFC site.

I first tried the Dolphin Browser then I tried the Skyfire Browser I chose the Skyfire Browser made it my default browser. Simple and fast to use easy to bookmark your favorite sites.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads: