Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500

how to update Acer A500 to latest OS

This may sound like a stupid question and I apologize if it is. I just got the tablet and have been doing lots of reading. My android phone gets a push from my provider when a new update is out there. This happens over the phone modem. How will an Acer A500 with wifi only get the update? When I connect to my network and an update is ready will it automatically know and ask me if I want the update? Will I get a link to a www site to download it etc? Or will I have to update using the USB or the micro SD card? I read rumors of 3.1 coming out and am wondering how I can get that update when its time.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500
    It's not a dumb question at all. When an update is available and you are connected to Wifi, you will get a popup message. Click on that and you should be good to go.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    nexus 1

problems updating to 3.1

I bought an A500 yesterday and got the message that an update was available. I seem to start the download and it also seems to finish even though the popup for downloading remains on the screen. this is where the whole process stops. I have tried this 3 times with the same result. I had installed a couple of apps, which i have now uninstalled and am trying to get the update again. Any thoughts on this will be appreciated

3 months registered 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer A500
    scolson,

I purchased mine a few days ago and at first it said no updates were available. The next day it said update available of about 360 mb. I downloaded oit three times over the next 2 days and it finally completed. Kept hanging up at different counts until finally completing. I now have 3.1 and no longer frustrated

You can force an update check by going to apps/settings/about and hitting check for updates button.
    Last edited by rusty; 07-21-2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: forgot about forced update

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer A500
    Here also, Just purchased yesterday and today I went to check for updates and there it was. Couldn't really tell what was updating untill it was over but what I did was start the update and walked away for about a half hour. came back and finished the install. If you want to remove those download arrows hit the clock to get the menu and then X each of the downloads when it says they are finished. I am having fun with it so far just confused about which phone apps will work with the tablet.

Ads: