Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thread: Task Manager

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Iconia A500 32gb

Task Manager

I got my 32gb A500 yesterday and itís a love affair so far.

There appears to be quite a few Task Manages in the market but none as slick as the manager on my Samsung Galaxy phone. Any suggestions on what to download as a task manager or donít these tabs need one?

Iím sure these questions have been asked before but I canít seem to find them so I apologise if itís being repeated.

Thanks in advance
    32gb Iconia A500 tethered on the road by Samsung Galaxy S

- I Love Android -

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500 tab & Sony Ericsson Xperia X10a
    You dont need a task manager. Android automatically closes apps if they have been running long with no activity.

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    I cannot get used to the fact that the OS "handles" it for you. If I want to close an app by gum I want to close it. Even programs that have QUIT or EXIT options really do not close, they pretend too.

Cen5

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    this is one of those topics that ebb and flow. YES the new versions of the Android are much better at memory management and do a ton of work automatically. NO that does not mean you can also install a memory/task manager to use when and if you need it. I still put one on each of my devices, and while i may go weeks without using it, I do find that at least once or twice a month I fire it off, especially if you are using custom ROMs, and i believe it is mandatory if you run Betas or Alphas of ROMs.

that all being said, I personally tend to keep going back to Advanced Task Killer from rechild, available from the market.

cheers,
    p
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500
    I use advanced Task Killer, seems to work fine.

Pete

Senior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500 tab & Sony Ericsson Xperia X10a
    For the record, I said you dont NEED a task manager. Yeah you can install one if you want, but it really isnt necessary unless you want to manually force close things. One of the things the OP asked is if one was NEEDED on these tablets. I was only answering the question.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Iconia A500 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by spexwood View Post
    For the record, I said you dont NEED a task manager. Yeah you can install one if you want, but it really isnt necessary unless you want to manually force close things. One of the things the OP asked is if one was NEEDED on these tablets. I was only answering the question.
    Thanks all for the noob advice I had downloaded advanced task killer earlier and have since discovered nothing out of the ordinary running at a fresh boot so Honeycomb seems to handle apps pretty well. I'll keep ATK just in case though
    32gb Iconia A500 tethered on the road by Samsung Galaxy S

- I Love Android -

Ads: