Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500

3.2 and App to SD

So, it seems that 3.2 STILL doesn't support moving apps to your SD card. That's disappointing. I have an app that purports to do it but it doesn't work. If anyone has it working let me know!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Member #
    Level
    This won't work in any Honeycomb tablet.

Some apps will store data on the External_SD, but that is up to the App developer.

Tablets have more memory than low-end phones. Android does not want to encourage
    manufacturers to make tablets with inadequate internal memory for apps, so this
    feature is intentionally missing and probably won't be in any version of Android after
    Ice Cream.

Put your media, music, pictures, Movies, etc on your External_SD card, and leave the
    tablet internal memory for applications. It takes a boatload of applications to fill 16gig.

Member #
    Device
    Lenovo Ideapad K1
    I couldn't find a topic to cover my machine the Lenovo Ideapad K1: I just purchased a 32 GB SD micro card, I was also unsuccessful at moving apps to it. I put the card in- it is recognized but even when I try to more picture files, I am unable to find to card as an option working with the FILE MANAGER app.I tried to get some answers from the Philippine kid who works customer support, but Lenovo's tech support is worthless. Do I need to format the sd card or something?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Member #
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by tigercaron View Post
    I couldn't find a topic to cover my machine the Lenovo Ideapad K1: I just purchased a 32 GB SD micro card, I was also unsuccessful at moving apps to it. I put the card in- it is recognized but even when I try to more picture files, I am unable to find to card as an option working with the FILE MANAGER app.I tried to get some answers from the Philippine kid who works customer support, but Lenovo's tech support is worthless. Do I need to format the sd card or something?

Well, I'm no expert on the Lenovo, but assuming it is at least Android 3.2, you should already understand from the above thread that you can't use it to move Apps to the add-in sd card

In a decent file manager such as ES File Explorer or File manager HD, you can create directories and move photos and music to the add in MicroSD card.

The absolute path to the card is /mnt/external_sd
    In Es File manager, hit the star icon, then select / then select mnt then select /external_sd
    In File Manager HD, use the up arrow, then go to External_sd

Member #
    Device
    Lenovo Ideapad K1
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebike View Post
    Well, I'm no expert on the Lenovo, but assuming it is at least Android 3.2, you should already understand from the above thread that you can't use it to move Apps to the add-in sd card

In a decent file manager such as ES File Explorer or File manager HD, you can create directories and move photos and music to the add in MicroSD card.

The absolute path to the card is /mnt/external_sd
    In Es File manager, hit the star icon, then select / then select mnt then select /external_sd
    In File Manager HD, use the up arrow, then go to External_sd
    Thanks for the tips. You gave me more than the Tech Support for Lenovo has. Much appreciated.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500 & Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Seems the same down here. It took them 8 goes at fixing my work laptop and they still couldn't get it going. They replaced everything but the case and the screen. Had similar issue with Dell e4300 - they couldn't fix it either. Replaced laptop and that one was worse than the original. My work colleagues call them Craptops - they supplied whole company with these duds.
    ICONIA A500

Galaxy Note 10.1

I believe therefore I have spoken....

Be Gronk - bloop bloop nleep nleep swoosh swoosh innajeep.

Now where is That Simlish Dictionary!

Ads: