Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By BDiddy

Thread: sd card

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    acer iconia a500 tablet

sd card

OK, I put the micro sd card in my tablet and I want to store the photos in my tablet memory onto the micro sd card.
    How do I do this?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by phatphil View Post
    OK, I put the micro sd card in my tablet and I want to store the photos in my tablet memory onto the micro sd card.
    How do I do this?
    First, go the the Android Market and download a file explorer program--I use ES File Explorer, but another popular one is Astro.

Then locate the photos you want to move. If you took them with the tablet's camera, they should be in the following directory: /mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera

You can then select those photos and move them to your micro sd card, which is represented by /mnt_external/sd

Kind of confusing, isn't it? First of all, it took me a while to figure out that the /mnt/ directory is where the the sd card directory is located. Second, the /mnt/sdcard directory is actually not the microsd card you inserted, but is in fact the tablet's onboard storage memory; the microsd card is the /mnt/external_sd directory. Third, if you insert a USB drive, that directory will be /mnt/usb_storage.

Hope that helps.
    kwhabq thanked this.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer A500 Tablet
    You nailed it Bdiddy, I used Astro, and after a couple of moves, it was a snap. Understanding the internal/external was a bit confusing at first, but your addresses listed make it very simple.

Thanks,

Ken

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    acer iconia a500 tablet
    How do I do this?
    OK, I downloaded file manager hd, I see folders , DCIM, etc. but I don't see anything remotely looking like/mnt/directory or /mnt_external/sd. I can go to storage on tablet and it shows unmount sd. I was able to do a zip file on the photos but I can't finf the external sd card.

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia a500
    Download Astro, it's more user friendly, at least to me.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Member #
    Level
    OK, I downloaded file manager hd, I see folders , DCIM, etc. but I don't see anything remotely looking like/mnt/directory or /mnt_external/sd. I can go to storage on tablet and it shows unmount sd. I was able to do a zip file on the photos but I can't finf the external sd card.
    Filemanager HD lies to you about the real structure. I hate that.

Hit the green arrow at the top till it stops being green.

You will then see /mnt as one of the directories. Inside of /mnt you will see External_sd.

But if you Hit the home button, and then the green up arrow once it will put you in /mnt and can see external_sd.

You have to look way down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen to see your true path.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    acer iconia a500 tablet
    OK, got rid of file hd, and loaded astro, wrought roe, couldn't resist. I see external sd and internal, still need to be walked thru 1 step at a time. I've tried copy, move , paste, dcim, see photos just can't move them .

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Acer A500 Tablet
    OK, got rid of file hd, and loaded astro, wrought roe, couldn't resist. I see external sd and internal, still need to be walked thru 1 step at a time. I've tried copy, move , paste, dcim, see photos just can't move them .
    Phil,
    On the left side, select the multi button - it will bring up another menu then choose multi select. Next click on one or many files that you wish to move - the filename/s will change color. Then choose move - then select the destination (ie, external sd). Once the destination is selected choose paste. Hope that helps.

Ken

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    acer iconia a500 tablet
    Thanks everyone, used astro, wrought roe, dragged photos to external card. I even used bluetooth and transferred some photos from my phone to my tablet. Dare to dream, I'm finally getting into the 20th century, yes I know were in the 21st. Streaming movies, amazon shopping, saved me a ton of money by the way, have to try video chat and get a galaxy nexus phone. By the way, have I told anyone how cool this tablet and site is? WAY COOL! Thanks again.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500 & Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thanks everyone, used astro, wrought roe, dragged photos to external card. I even used bluetooth and transferred some photos from my phone to my tablet. Dare to dream, I'm finally getting into the 20th century, yes I know were in the 21st. Streaming movies, amazon shopping, saved me a ton of money by the way, have to try video chat and get a galaxy nexus phone. By the way, have I told anyone how cool this tablet and site is? WAY COOL! Thanks again.
    Over the top COOL! Enjoy your tablet.

I want to get a HTC Evo 3D. Love the menu system. I've seen the Youtube video clip.
    ICONIA A500

Galaxy Note 10.1

I believe therefore I have spoken....

Be Gronk - bloop bloop nleep nleep swoosh swoosh innajeep.

Now where is That Simlish Dictionary!

Ads: