Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thanks Tree6Thanks

Thread: MicroSD will NOT mount!!

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500
    that's also the weird thing: when I insert the card, the settings>storage goes from saying "insert sd card for mounting" to "mount sd card," but when i touch mount sd card after the card is installed, it has always done nothing, or sometimes the internal storage will say "calculating" but then just goes back to it's previous state. The external sd card doesn't mount or say "mounted."

Does this mean the hardware is bad if it recognizes an sd card, but won't mount it?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Member #
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofMike View Post
    that's also the weird thing: when I insert the card, the settings>storage goes from saying "insert sd card for mounting" to "mount sd card," but when i touch mount sd card after the card is installed, it has always done nothing, or sometimes the internal storage will say "calculating" but then just goes back to it's previous state. The external sd card doesn't mount or say "mounted."

Does this mean the hardware is bad if it recognizes an sd card, but won't mount it?
    If you have access to a Windows 7 machine and a MicroSD card carrier or MicroSD->USB, eject the card from your tablet and plug it into
    your Windows 7 machine. It will detect data directory problems almost instantly, and offer to fix them.

I recently had a problem of crashing apps, camera complaining of no MicroSD card, etc. Simply putting the card in a Windows 7 machine
    and letting Win7 repair the directory structure fixed it.
    ArmyofMike thanked this.

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500
    I think I have windows XP. I put a new sd card in my computer and formatted it to FAT32. It didn't give me any errors...do I need to change the partitions from the default settings? or modify the sharing on the sd card?

thanks!

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Member #
    Level
    There sure seems to be a lot of MicroSD problems lately. I had to reformat my microsd card this evening as well scubaboy.

I just used the standard Fat32 format, then reinserted it in the tablet. After a while the camera couldn't write to the card. So I rebooted and all is fine, for now at least.
    ArmyofMike thanked this.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 31 days registered 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Pandigital SuperNova 8" e-reader
    this is going to sound really technical and I appologise in advance.

It sounds like the sector count of the partition and the last sector of the sd card data stream is the same number. Which will give you an active partition but will not let you use it because it is infact corrupted. A super fast way to find out if this is indeed the case is to access the sdcard with some low level program like fdisk. As soon as you access the partition table with fdisk it will warn you about the sector count.

If this is indeed the case, an easy fix for this is you just drop all partitions on the volume and recreate them. Then reformat with fat16 orso and see if your problem continues.

Win7 may or may not fix an issue like this because it deals with more then just editing the volume journal. The partition itself has to be shrunk or recreated.

Dont know if that is your issue or not but it may be worth a try.

Sent from my Acer Android One Netbook using Tapatalk
    ArmyofMike thanked this.
    Pandigital SuperNova Firmware 01022011
    http://onykage.com/files/android/IR80_S_AZ_W_A_A_01022012.zip

Android Devices:
    8" Pandigital SuperNova DLX (Rooted w/ Market 1.8.2)
    Root instructions -> http://www.onykage.com/?p=245

Acer Aspire One w/ Android_x86_v3.2

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500
    hmmmmmm, I understand about 13.67% of that. is this something I can do with EASUS (sic.) to rewrite the partitions. and how should I set them?

It seems some of this may be getting in over my head.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 31 days registered 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofMike View Post
    hmmmmmm, I understand about 13.67% of that. is this something I can do with EASUS (sic.) to rewrite the partitions. and how should I set them?

It seems some of this may be getting in over my head.
    well, im not much of a windows user anymore, specially when it comes to low level stuff like this. But i believe you can do this with the windows xp local drive manager.

right click my computer > Manage > Local Volume Manager

It will display all of the disks mounted in windows currently when it comes up. Just pay attention to the device name and volume size when messing around in this app. You drop the wrong partition and oopsie.. The volume size will be a dead ringer unless you have a hard disk smaller then 32gb installed in the computer. When you find the correct volume just right click it and delete the partition. Then right click the emtpy volume and create a partition. Use the defaults and click ok. Then right click one last time and format the volume with fat(fat/8/16/32). Again use the defaults just click ok. Then open the sd card to verify it works and is an empty volume.

and you know what to do from there.

Again, please be careful in the volume manager or any kind of low level volume display tool. One little oopsie in there and you might as well just open the command prompt and type 'del tree'. (ps dont even try it).

Sent from my Acer Android One Netbook using Tapatalk
    ArmyofMike thanked this.

Android Devices:

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500
    thanks Onykage, I tried what you said to the best of my abilities and everything looks legit...no luck.

out of a bit of frustration last night, I started lightly tapping the "mount sd card" button in rapid succession and in the lower right screen every now and then, a pop up would show saying "preparing sd card for mounting" but it wouldn't actually mount. Thisnleads me to believe it's a software issue and not hardware. It's like the permissions to the sd card are being denied.

Also, when I try to copy to Sd card in Astro file manager I get this error:

Name:  photobucket-6745-1326579299843.jpg
Views: 3175
Size:  32.8 KB

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Device
    O_o

I would tell you to chmod that sdcard but that will be fun to explain. Im just curious.. does the sd card have a data lockout tab on it? Some of them do, its tiny and locks the sd card so that everything is read only.
    other then that.. im with you, has to be something with the software or the sdcard slot reader.

For giggles have you tried inserting a USB stick or attaching the sdcard to a usb cable and see if it mounts that way? Also id get a can of air and blow out the sdcard slot. could be as simple as a hair in there.
    ArmyofMike thanked this.

Android Devices:

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500
    no lockout on sdcard. I just don't know. I also blew out the sdcard slot but didn't see anything out of the norm. I'm pretty fed up with it at this point. As it's a refurb, I sent in some emails to Secondipity where I bought the tablet and will wait for their reponse. I hope it's quick. I really feel like something is up with the software...Perhaps it was rooted/attempted rooted before it was "sent back for repairs," and they messed up the permissions.

At this point, I'll just go with it. I'm gonna try and load my daughters Snow White DVD on a USB and call it a day. I don't have a MicroSD to USB reader so I'm stuck using USB.

FML. Otherwise, i love this contraption.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ads: