Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

    Member #
    97853
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    109
    Thanked
    3 times
    Device
    Le Pan II

    Egads! My A500 won't charge

    The charger is plugged in. The charging symbo is showing, the device says it's charging, but the battery level goes up and down, mostly down, and I am not even using it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Last edited by barskin; 04-25-2012 at 10:48 PM.

  2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

    Member #
    97853
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    109
    Thanked
    3 times
    Device
    Le Pan II
    UPDATE! Good news. I was using an alternate charger that I had bought as a spare. As I said, the thunderbolt symbol was showing and the word "chargiing" was on the screen, but apparently it wasn't working. I plugged it into the official charger, and - whew!!! - it charged! Hallelujah.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Points: 5,772, Level: 49
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

    Member #
    35054
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kyneton, Australia
    Posts
    1,016
    Thanked
    70 times
    Points
    5,772
    Level
    49
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500 & Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    That says something about CHARGERS doesn't it. If it is not right the tab will not charge. The two have to be a matched pair because the control cct in the A500 works in tandem with the built in regulator on the plug pack. If the plug packs output voltage is too low the control cct in the A500 will not operate and hence the battery will not charge.

    When the percentage in battery gets to 20 to 25% charge tablet immediately and do not turn tablet off until you see the charge increase above 35%. That is for safety sake. Never leave your tablet uncharged - not even overnight.

    These are all tips from the forum.
    ICONIA A500

    Galaxy Note 10.1

    I believe therefore I have spoken....

    Be Gronk - bloop bloop nleep nleep swoosh swoosh innajeep.

    Now where is That Simlish Dictionary!

  5. #4
    Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

    Member #
    97853
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    109
    Thanked
    3 times
    Device
    Le Pan II
    Quote Originally Posted by Douvie View Post
    That says something about CHARGERS doesn't it. If it is not right the tab will not charge. The two have to be a matched pair because the control cct in the A500 works in tandem with the built in regulator on the plug pack. If the plug packs output voltage is too low the control cct in the A500 will not operate and hence the battery will not charge.

    When the percentage in battery gets to 20 to 25% charge tablet immediately and do not turn tablet off until you see the charge increase above 35%. That is for safety sake. Never leave your tablet uncharged - not even overnight.

    These are all tips from the forum.
    Thanks for the advice! I am, luckily, an obsessive charger. That's why I always buy a backup. I started panicking when my battery level was going down to 58%. I will, however, endeavor to buy a backup an OEM charger from Acer, instead of eBay, this time.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Points: 5,772, Level: 49
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

    Member #
    35054
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kyneton, Australia
    Posts
    1,016
    Thanked
    70 times
    Points
    5,772
    Level
    49
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500 & Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by barskin View Post
    Thanks for the advice! I am, luckily, an obsessive charger. That's why I always buy a backup. I started panicking when my battery level was going down to 58%. I will, however, endeavor to buy a backup an OEM charger from Acer, instead of eBay, this time.
    The one thing I dislike about the OEM plugpack is the short cable. I hope ACER has increased the cable length. But I have no choice the other chargers don't work - as you found out Barskin. I wonder if ACER will release a car charger for tablets???
    ICONIA A500

    Galaxy Note 10.1

    I believe therefore I have spoken....

    Be Gronk - bloop bloop nleep nleep swoosh swoosh innajeep.

    Now where is That Simlish Dictionary!

  7. #6
    Ami
    Ami is offline
    Junior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

    Member #
    15014
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    18
    Device
    Velocity Micro Cruz eReader
    Quote Originally Posted by Douvie
    The one thing I dislike about the OEM plugpack is the short cable. I hope ACER has increased the cable length. But I have no choice the other chargers don't work - as you found out Barskin. I wonder if ACER will release a car charger for tablets???
    I don't know, the charger that came with mine is longer than our ps3 charging USB cable, which is of a good length of course. So, to me it's sufficient. My own question regarding charging the Acer A500 is that I'd like to know if there are any car chargers available for it for use during long car trips. With my old tablet I used a dual-slot USB car/wall charger but since the Acer A500 don't roll with the USB charging that would not work at all.

  8. #7
    Ami
    Ami is offline
    Junior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

    Member #
    15014
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spokane, Washington
    Posts
    18
    Device
    Velocity Micro Cruz eReader
    Quote Originally Posted by Ami

    I don't know, the charger that came with mine is longer than our ps3 charging USB cable, which is of a good length of course. So, to me it's sufficient. My own question regarding charging the Acer A500 is that I'd like to know if there are any car chargers available for it for use during long car trips. With my old tablet I used a dual-slot USB car/wall charger but since the Acer A500 don't roll with the USB charging that would not work at all.
    Never mind! I found the stickie in the accessories section on USB charging and found the answer to my question! Lol!

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Points: 5,772, Level: 49
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

    Member #
    35054
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kyneton, Australia
    Posts
    1,016
    Thanked
    70 times
    Points
    5,772
    Level
    49
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500 & Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    Never mind! I found the stickie in the accessories section on USB charging and found the answer to my question! Lol!
    Just be very careful. some things are a bit unorthodox which some have tried.

    Just an inverter to plug into the cigarette-lighter socket of the car so you can plug the ACER plugpack into that. I use a power board plugged into the inverter.

    Have fun Ami, with your new toy. We all are here - thats why we're here.
    ICONIA A500

    Galaxy Note 10.1

    I believe therefore I have spoken....

    Be Gronk - bloop bloop nleep nleep swoosh swoosh innajeep.

    Now where is That Simlish Dictionary!


 

Ads:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. acer A500 does not charge when switched off
    By shravank30 in forum Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 02:17 PM
  2. USB Charge fix
    By mui in forum Vizio Tablets
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 11:38 PM
  3. my A500 won't charge
    By GrunNL in forum Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 09:42 AM
  4. How to set USB to charge only
    By jonathan7007 in forum Honeycomb
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 02:15 PM
  5. Can't charge
    By psulion93 in forum Nook Color Technical
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 12:22 PM

Search tags for this page

acer a500 not charging
,

acer a500 tablet wont charge

,
acer a500 won't charge
,

acer a500 wont charge

,
acer iconia a500 not charging
,
acer iconia a500 wont charge
,
acer iconia tab a500 battery not charging
,
acer iconia tab won't recharge
,
acer iconia tab wont charge
,
acer iconia wont charge in the car
,
acer tablet a500 won't charge
,
iconia a500 not charging
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.11
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Android Tablets.net is not affiliated or associated with Google, Android Project or any of the device manufacturers listed on this site.
We are simply an enthusiast site.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.