Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Cape Coral, FL-winter-Where I park RV-summer
    Device
    Acer A500

A500 won't connect to internet

A500. ICS finally downloaded 2 weeks ago. All appeared well. Don't have the rotate bug. Tonight I cannot connect to internet sites I have bookmarked. I can connect to my wireless router. My laptop and IPad are connecting without problem. DOS user since 1.0, but just enough Android knowledge to be dangerous. Using stock browser and Dolphin.

DNS problem maybe? Seems like the wireless device is working as I can connect to the router. Signal strength is reported above 90 %. Is there a DNS Cache or something like that I can flush? If so, how?

Worked ok a couple of days ago. Settings show my highest useage has been News360, but I've used it for over a year. Strangely, I do have one website that will connect, but only that one. Could something be hung on it? I logged out and closed it, but it didn't help. Normal home page will not load.

Wes

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Cape Coral, FL-winter-Where I park RV-summer
    Device
    Acer A500
    Must be some Halloween grimlins in the either. Mid afternoon today I found my IPad and Laptop would no longer connect either. Did a Microsquish repair. Powered down the router and the cable modem, then repowered. Laptop and IPad reconnected. Grabbed the A500, and magic ---- it would again connect to websites.

It's a real digital mystery to me why only the A500 lost connectivity yesterday, and then nearly a day later it happened to the laptop and IPad. Would seem logical that since it appears the issue was somewhere in the router or cable modem all would have lost connection at the same time. The only wild explanation I can postulate is that the router somehow incurred a gradually deteriorating DNS problem that effected the IP address of the A500 first, and later the addresses of the IPad and laptop.

Wes

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class 10,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Transformer Prime & TF700
    So many people have WiFi connection problems I created a thread just for that. It may be that the router needs to be restarted or a channel changed in the router. Connecting to the router is sometimes the easy part. I have a link to that thread in my signature below.

Hope it helps.
    Locked out of your Tablet? - Printing from an Android tablet (or phone) - Connecting to the Internet with no WiFi - Move/copy/cut/paste files to and from your tablet - WiFi connection issues - Getting Flash Player
    TF201 & TF700 (stock) with dock, .

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Acer Iconia A500 & Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    So many people have WiFi connection problems I created a thread just for that. It may be that the router needs to be restarted or a channel changed in the router. Connecting to the router is sometimes the easy part. I have a link to that thread in my signature below.

Hope it helps.
    Maybe router needs firmware update.

But sometimes mobile devices try to grab the same IP as wired devices even though they're using DHCP. I've had this happen numerous times - yeah IT pros reckon it can't happen. I've had the same issue 3 times last week - mobile devices grabbing IPs they should not. One IT guy investigated and found 150 mobile devices (iPhones, iPads, Android Phones and Tablets) grabbing IP addresses they were not suppose to. And that network had a total of 70 wired devices of which 20 were assigned addresses (for servers, routers, MFD's,....). Things don't always work as expected. And those 150 devices were unknown to the IT guy.

On the A500 one can actually force it to accept a different IP - if it is the one you're having problems with.
    Last edited by Douvie; 10-30-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    ICONIA A500

Galaxy Note 10.1

I believe therefore I have spoken....

Be Gronk - bloop bloop nleep nleep swoosh swoosh innajeep.

Now where is That Simlish Dictionary!

Ads: