Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #

getting paid apps to google tablet

i'm thinking of getting the nexus tablet, however i'm wondering if i can download the apps i paid for on my droid maxx to the tablet. when i went to the google play site and signed in, the paid apps were not in the "my apps" section of the site. actually the only apps there were the ones that came with the maxx. there were no others, not free nor paid.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nexus 7 2nd Gen. and Samsung Galaxy S4
    Your apps will follow you to otherl Android devices. That is, providing your new device is compatible with the apps. On some occasions a phone app will not work on a tablet. But if you log your device on to the same Google account as the previous device then just go to Google Play and select the all button under your apps and they should appear.
    If not for the darkness, then how would we recognize the light. -Lieutenant Tuvok

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jgumphress View Post
    Your apps will follow you to otherl Android devices. That is, providing your new device is compatible with the apps. On some occasions a phone app will not work on a tablet. But if you log your device on to the same Google account as the previous device then just go to Google Play and select the all button under your apps and they should appear.
    so then if those apps are not in my account in the google play website (they are not), then,,,,?

that is different from when i go to my apps on my phone, which shows everything under categories "updates". "manual updates", and "up to date"
    Last edited by emtokay; 08-14-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    In Play Store when you go to My Apps there is a section for installed and a section for all. Make sure you go to the all section and you are using the same gmail account as before.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by J515OP View Post
    In Play Store when you go to My Apps there is a section for installed and a section for all. Make sure you go to the all section and you are using the same gmail account as before.
    ok,,,,i had to sign in on ALL of my gmail accounts because the apps are in different accounts. then i started seeing the different apps current and past., but not the paid app. when i signed back into the main gmail account, only then was it populated with all the apps....but it wasn't originally.

so now, if i get the nexus7 and i want to install those apps, assuming i can, how will i do it, in particular the paid app?

thx

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Just go to the Play Store and search for the app you want. If it is a paid app it should say you already own it. Just install it again. If you want you can go to the all apps listing and then click on the ones you want to install them. You shouldn't have to pay for them again, just download and install like any other app (as long as they are compatible with Jelly Bean and tablets, which not all apps are).
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Ads: