Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Member #
    Device
    ipad

Excel on android tablets?

I am looking to buy an android tablet and want to know if any of the android tablets run Excel?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Documents to go runs Excel spreadsheets.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Coby Mid 8042(Broken Screen) and Mid 7065
    I don't think Excel is available for any Android, but at least some of the office apps can run excel spreadsheets with no problem. I picked up Office Suite Pro as a free app of the day and it has worked fine with compatibility with Microsoft Office 2010 documents and spreadsheets from my computer. I am not a heavy office suite user, so I don't push the limits very much. Good luck.

Senior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nexus 7 2nd Gen. and Samsung Galaxy S4
    Install Documents to Go on your tablet and it will do MS Office very well. I have been using this app for years and it's the best. So Documents to Go is no newcomer. They have been out for many years. I use a lot of Excel and I love this app.
    If not for the darkness, then how would we recognize the light. -Lieutenant Tuvok

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class 10,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Transformer Prime & TF700
    The good news is that Micro$oft has plans to release an Android version of Office, possibly in September. If you are Internet connected and must have Office, the real thing, there are 2 options now. Check out OnLive Desktop for one.
    Locked out of your Tablet? - Printing from an Android tablet (or phone) - Connecting to the Internet with no WiFi - Move/copy/cut/paste files to and from your tablet - WiFi connection issues - Getting Flash Player
    TF201 & TF700 (stock) with dock, .

Member #
    Device
    samsung galaxy tab 10.1
    Of course Excel can be operated in a Tab, it can be done in Android phones too. It’s called a Smartphone not for a small reason.
    Commercial link removed.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    “Excel-MySQL” converter is a powerful tool to convert any Excel file into a MySQL database supports many advanced features such as: command line, task scheduling, sheets and columns selection, ability to append only new records to the target MySQL database, and much more.

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Asus Transformer
    I use both Polaris Office and Quick Office on an Asus T101 table and selected those as the most capable of all xls(x) capable apps I could find and test from the Google store. I'm a heavy user of Excel that pushes the limits. Neither of these apps come anywhere close to M$Excel in capability and features. Polaris is the better of the two by far, but you need two since no Android app can have two different files open simultaneously! :-( when you need to work between two different workbooks. (Tablets are still *very* limited relative to PC's unfortunately.) One very annoying problem is that scrolling gestures often get mistakenly interpreted as screen magnification and demag on both -- Polaris is a little better this way. I assume that this will get better with later revs over time. Both are much better readers of spreadsheets than writers. If you update a spreadsheet on the tablet and then try to read it on a PC you'll find *many* mis-formattings and outright errors in the file when viewed on the PC. This is true for both of these apps, and especially so when the Excel file originated on the PC, was modified on the tablet, and then read again on the PC. It's just going to take time. Don't hold your breath for the MS Office on the tablet. The competition has such limited capability that MS won't need to port the full set of PC Excel capability to Android right away -- just the most used subset. Doing the full set (not counting macros and VB) will take years, if ever, and MS's motivation will be to keep users tied to Windows, not Android. :-(

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Just to add on to jimesh, don't forget MS is now pushing into the tablet space. Windows RT will likely be similar to Android in terms of Excel functionality (maybe a little better) but if you really need Excel and all its features as a power user, then a tablet running Windows 8 is really going to be the only way to go. Android tablets are great for many things but they are nowhere near being full PCs at this point and the only way to get that experience is going to be with a Windows 8 tablet.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Ads: