Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #

Can andriod tablet output to VGA monitor

Hi,

There is many Android tablet that is made from China, and some of them come with USB host. Is it possible that using some USB external VGA card to output the result to VGA monitor?

Regards,
    Jan

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jan_tsui View Post
    Hi,

There is many Android tablet that is made from China, and some of them come with USB host. Is it possible that using some USB external VGA card to output the result to VGA monitor?

Regards,
    Jan
    I'm not sure about VGA, but there are some that are doing HDMI (like the Dawa D7).

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Unless they explicitly say HDMI or VGA port, don't expect it. Hell, even if the port is there, it's no guarantee it's working properly (like the blind 2nd USB port on the aPad). SmartQ V7 has HDMI (which is even functional after some firmware update rounds).

Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Acer Iconica A500
    I have an Acer Iconica A500 tablet ($400, dual core, 1GB) and it can output to VGA using the following adapter from HP. $30
    HP HDMI to VGA Display Adapter | HP® Official Store

You also need a mini hdmi to standard hdmi adapter and a standard vga cable. Not all devices put out enough power from their hdmi port to power this converter but I can confirm that the Acer Iconica series does. It's likely that other tablets do also but I've heard that phones generally do not.

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    generic 7" MID PL7B
    Quote Originally Posted by iconiu View Post
    You also need a mini hdmi to standard hdmi adapter and a standard vga cable. Not all devices put out enough power from their hdmi port to power this converter but I can confirm that the Acer Iconica series does. It's likely that other tablets do also but I've heard that phones generally do not.
    . . . Sounds like a to-do list item for next-gen tablet designers!! Somebody start calling!

Ads: