Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: What can tablets do with Bluetooth?

Member Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #

What can tablets do with Bluetooth?

I know that most tablets are Bluetooth-enabled, but what does this mean practically for the user? What can you actually do with tablets and bluetooth?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    You can use a BT keyboard and mouse. BT Headphones for movies or music. BT Printing if your printer is equipped that way. If you have a BT enabled car, and your tablet supports it you can do BT nav from placed like Google Nav.

Those are a couple of things you can do.
    rick7 thanked this.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Ah, thanks. A BT headset is a type of wireless headset, yes? With a BT headset, how far away could I be standing from the tablet and still hear good audio? I.e., what's the range? Does it have to be within line-of-sight like infrared? Thanks a lot.

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Bluetooth is a totally different technology from both WiFi and Infrared, and yes it is wireless. Generally speaking you can go about 30-40 feet away from the device and still receive a good signal, but this is affected by battery power of the receiving device and environmental factors such as walls, other device interference, etc. It does not need to be line of sight, but it does need a certain amount of proximity.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Thanks. Right now (I don't have a tablet yet!) I am using a great RF 2.4 GHz wireless headset for my Windows desktop PC. My computer is upstairs and this headset allows me to walk around downstairs and anywhere in the house and there's really no signal degradation. I'm guessing that when I get my tablet, a bluetooth headset wouldn't have quite this range and quality, but would it allow me to, say, go behind a wall and into another room that's, say, 25 feet away from the tablet? Thanks for your help--it's much appreciated.

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points Recommendation First Class Recommendation Second Class

Member #
    Level
    Device
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted & ManualNooted Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by rick7 View Post
    would it allow me to, say, go behind a wall and into another room that's, say, 25 feet away from the tablet?
    That's the best part about a tablet, you take it around the wall into the other room with you. Unlike a desktop, you don't need to stay in range of it, you keep it in range of you.
    If it's important to you, you'll find a
    way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
    If you're too busy for friends,
    You're too busy.
    Attention lurkers! Join the forum,
    and enter Spider into the referrer
    field of the application.The $0.00
    USD fee will be waived.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget
    how you made them feel.

Member #
    Device
    Iball
    I use BT to transfer files from My Laptop to my Tablet

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    That's the best part about a tablet, you take it around the wall into the other room with you. Unlike a desktop, you don't need to stay in range of it, you keep it in range of you.
    Right! OK, I'm still trying to figure out how I'd be using a tablet since I'm planning to use it a lot for listening to talk and music podcasts which maybe is different than how most people use theirs. I guess I'm thinking that as I walk around the house doing things, I'll leave the tablet in the living room since I don't want to be carrying it around with me wherever I go (doing dishes, cooking, back to the living room for a minute, upstairs for a few minutes, etc.) and would be wearing the headset to give me this freedom to be hands-free. Maybe in a way this goes against the concept of a (portable) tablet but I want to see if I'll be able to have my cake and eat it too. I'll sometimes use it as a portable device and take it out of the house, but I may also want to rely on the headset for the portability while in the house.
    Last edited by rick7; 10-27-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Member Achievements:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by simhasd View Post
    I use BT to transfer files from My Laptop to my Tablet
    When you do this, does the OS load some sort of file manager to transfer your files? Is it some sort of Android file manager, or is it a BT-specific file manager?
    Last edited by rick7; 10-29-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1.... soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick7 View Post
    When you do this, does the OS load some sort of file manager to transfer your files? Is it some sort of Android file manager, or is it a BT-specific file manager?
    In actuality, it's built-in to the BT protocol to do file transfers. If you can *USE* the file, that depends on what is transferred over. You could conceivably use your phone as a sort of flash drive to transport work home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: