Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree4Thanks

Thread: Virus? How do I tell?

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    LG Esteem

Virus? How do I tell?

Hi. My LG Esteem keeps randomly shutting off and then being tempermental in turning back on. it also is having connectivity. issues with my Bluetooth headset. I have to turn off my Bluetooth. on my phone then turn it back on again before I can make a call on my headset. My son thinks I may have a virus. How do I tell if that is the case? Also, is there any virus protection out there to prevent harm to my phone?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    There are a couple of apps you can try, in your case I would recommend getting Norton AVG from the market and let that do a scan.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member #
    Device
    LG Esteem
    I downloaded Norton, and it says I'm clean. So does the Antivirus Free. Any idea what might be causing the connectivity issues or the random turning off?

50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Any new apps you have installed? Did you change any settings? Is it running differently than previously, or has it always been like that?
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Zenithink ZT-280 C91 Cortex A9
    If you load too many apps at once, sometimes it will make the OS run kinda crappy. also, you may have too many apps loaded.

what i would suggest is to reload the ROM. Its very easy to do.... once you find it. sometimes they can be hard to find.

normally you can just copy the zip files to your SD card and go fromt here. However, i can't find it for the esteem. i did find this, but it seems like a pain to get thru. good luck. you'll need it!

[GUIDE] How to restore Your LG Esteem tto Stock

Member #
    Device
    Before we get to reloading the ROM, there are still things to try, and questions to explore. And then before we get to that extreme a factory reset might be more than good enough.
    Current Devices, ROMs:

Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Zenithink ZT-280 C91 Cortex A9
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Before we get to reloading the ROM, there are still things to try, and questions to explore. And then before we get to that extreme a factory reset might be more than good enough.
    personally, i find that if im going to reset the phone anyway, i may as well reinstall the rom. But, since the esteem appears that it can't use the normal SD card method to restore back to factory, your right, and a factory reset might be better.
    i think you can access that menu by holding volume + and volume - ... and then hit the power button while you're holding the volume buttons.

hopefully it will load correctly.

Member #
    Device
    LG Esteem
    If do a factory reset won't that erase everything from my phone?

Member #
    Device
    Yes, which is why I haven't say to do that. did you see the questions I posted?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum
    Current Devices, ROMs:

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Agreed, this is complete overkill at this point. Sure, it might solve the problem, but you don't shoot the cow because the milk went bad hopefully you can get straightened out before having to resort to that (which hopefully you won't have to).

pbrauer is on the right track. I'd look at new apps first and see if any of them are causing issues you can either freeze or uninstall recent apps and see if that makes a difference. You can see what apps might be system hogging in settings>applications.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: