Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Thanks Tree40Thanks

Thread: Anyone know anything about this one?

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1 year registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Made an update.zip style package that will install the modified 'SystemUI.apk' and add some xmls in '/system/etc/permissions'. Signed with the proper keys so it can be flashed with the stock recovery (should work fine with CWM if you installed it). I have tested it with the stock recovery (I reinstalled the stock recovery to test it).

Follow this guide for the basic steps on how to install it. Just use 'systemui-mod_perm-xml-fix-signed.zip' instead of '760TPC Micro SD firmware for 2mp camera.zip'.
    http://iviewus.com/download/760tpc4gbsd.doc

Modified SystemUI.apk: removes soft keys, cell and alarm icons from the status bar
    Permissions xml fix: increased market compatibility (I haven't trimmed it down to the exact hardware on 760tpc, so it is possilbe to install apps that require hardware that's not available which can cause the app to crash)

After installing you will have to wipe Market data. In Titanium Backup go to the 'Backup/Restore' tab then find 'Market x.x.x' and tap it. Select 'Wipe data'. Now open up Market and you should be able to find more than you could without the fix.

To revert to the stock 'SystemUI.apk' and default permissions xmls, follow the guide and use 'default_systemui_perm-xmls-signed.zip'.

I can only test it on the 4gb/0.3mp version, but it should work on the 8gb/2mp version. The SystemUI apks and permissions xmls are exactly the same in both version.

If you want to make your own flashable zips go here for links and a basic summary of what to do.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Igthorn; 02-12-2012 at 02:45 AM.
    NicksTab and allen2scott thanked this.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member #
    Anybody have issues with unresponsive screen after a period of standby and then you want to unlock?

Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    iView CyPad 760TPC
    Installed ICS on my tablet using the link I was complaining about last night. Found a slight problem when I was trying to flash it - the flashing utility would complain about it being a invalid file. I removed all of the chinese characters from the folder name and that fixed the problem.

Overall, I like ICS more than the default Gingerbread on this tablet. Everything seems to work fine besides the camera, but I had so many different problems with the firmware update that not having a camera isn't a big drawback right now. Overall, it's working well.

3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    HTC wildfire
    Is there anyone willing to buy something which is not a famous brand? especially the electronic items.
    open-source for smartphone make developer full of energy, make consumers exciting!

31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    atrix, android tablet
    is it worth my while to try and exchange this thing, looks like it has a newer processor or something too?

Edit..
    Even crazier, it's 4GB But my invoice now links to the 8gb version, the ad for the 4gb upgradeable has disappeared. I'm going to give the 4 to my Mom so I don't have to bother with the return and hope they will cut me some slack on the correct one.

Sent from my MB860 using Android Tablet Forum
    The saga continues. NewEgg rocks, the company that put out the iview was saying the item shipped was 8gb but newegg is knocking $20 off for the mistake and this forum was part of the proof I used to prove what happened!
    NicksTab thanked this.

31 days registered 250 Experience Points 7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    IVIEW-760TPC 8GB
    I have confirmed that there are officially two hardware revisions of the IVIEW-760TPC available. As many of you know already, there is a 4GB/0.3MP and a newer 8GB/2MP version. IVIEW has released new firmware for the 4GB version within the last few days.

4GB/0.3MP: IVIEWUS
    8GB/2MP: IVIEWUS

I'm probably not going to use any Ployer MOMO-9C firmware for my 8GB/2MP model as it's obvious it doesn't have the same exact hardware as the new 8GB IVIEW model does. (Well, at least the camera.)
    NicksTab thanked this.

250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smartAndr View Post
    Is there anyone willing to buy something which is not a famous brand? especially the electronic items.
    Hi smartAndr

To answer your question, YES. The 17 pages (so far) just on this thread should show that many people are willing to buy an off-brand of electronics.

The messages in this particular thread focus on the iView 760TCP tablet so I assume you are interested in it but worried that is it not a Samsung or some other well known brand. If you must have a known brand name, then you will pay extra just for the name and sometimes for better quality and support.

I think most of us who purchased the iView tablet did at least some research and wanted a good value for our money. I feel I got a very good value. iView may not be a well known brand but they are a US-based company and they have shown they want to provide support for the product by making firmware fixes and updates available. Most of us purchased it through Newegg which is a top notch seller and takes the worry out of the initial purchase in case the unit is defective on arrival.

Whatever you end up buying, this is a great forum to learn and share!
    Last edited by NicksTab; 02-13-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    Regards,
    Nick
    iView 760TCP (AllWinner A10 CPU) ICS

250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Igthorn View Post
    I can only test it on the 4gb/0.3mp version, but it should work on the 8gb/2mp version. The SystemUI apks and permissions xmls are exactly the same in both version.
    Apparently there is something different with the 8GB/2MP version. I tried the modified file via SD card update (twice) and got a "signature verification failed". Bummer.

**** UPDATE ****

OK, I tried the SystemUI Mod again only I renamed it "update.zip" and it installed sucessfully. Rebooted and the garbage icons are GONE!

THANKS Igthorn!!!
    Last edited by NicksTab; 02-13-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Regards,
    Nick
    iView 760TCP (AllWinner A10 CPU) ICS

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Level
    Device
    none
    Hello All and Thankyou,

I've followed this thread and watched The You Tube Video and purchased this Tablet. It has all been very helpful.
    NicksTab thanked this.

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points 31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Iview 760TPC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstn7477 View Post
    I have confirmed that there are officially two hardware revisions of the IVIEW-760TPC available. As many of you know already, there is a 4GB/0.3MP and a newer 8GB/2MP version. IVIEW has released new firmware for the 4GB version within the last few days.

4GB/0.3MP: IVIEWUS
    8GB/2MP: IVIEWUS

I'm probably not going to use any Ployer MOMO-9C firmware for my 8GB/2MP model as it's obvious it doesn't have the same exact hardware as the new 8GB IVIEW model does. (Well, at least the camera.)
    Is this one still Gingerbread, or is this new firmware ICS?

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Ads: