Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

Wopad Capacitive Tablet

Hey guys,

Been doing a bit of research over the last couple of days and think I've decided on what tablet to get (need it for a Christmas present). I'm after the Wopad WR701Rockchip, which is proabably a little underpowered, but seems pretty good for a capacitive touch screen tablet pricewise, so until the better devices come out - it'll do for now.

Questions I've got - where is the cheapest place I can get it from, and preferably from somewhere reputable? I'll be shipping to NZ, and have had a look at merrimobiles, but would prefer not to get it from there as I think it'll be cutting it a bit fine timing wise (seem a bit pricey as well, but the Exchange rate for me isn't so great =/ )

On a side note - if anyone else has any recommendations for capacitive tablets in the 7-10" size (that isn't the Galaxy tab or Archos 70/101) then that'd be awesome too.

Cheers!
    Wally

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Android 4.1 pipo m2 3g

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Just ordered one from merimobiles.com, in stock and cheapest price I found US$189. Hope this helps.

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    The Wopad is nice because it has a capacitive screen but if you want performance you can find better units but with a resistive touchscreen. The tablet you choose depends on your need. For example you can't have Flash Player on Android 2.1 devices. You can find a comparison of different Android tablets at the link in my signature. Hope that helps.
    Send me Private Message for the Android Tablet Comparison page (I am not allowed to post the link in my signature)

Member #
    Give the limitations of the CPU, do you think it'll ever get Flash?

Thanks for your replies everyone.

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Simmonds View Post
    Hey guys,

Been doing a bit of research over the last couple of days and think I've decided on what tablet to get (need it for a Christmas present). I'm after the Wopad WR701Rockchip, which is proabably a little underpowered, but seems pretty good for a capacitive touch screen tablet pricewise, so until the better devices come out - it'll do for now.

Questions I've got - where is the cheapest place I can get it from, and preferably from somewhere reputable? I'll be shipping to NZ, and have had a look at merrimobiles, but would prefer not to get it from there as I think it'll be cutting it a bit fine timing wise (seem a bit pricey as well, but the Exchange rate for me isn't so great =/ )

On a side note - if anyone else has any recommendations for capacitive tablets in the 7-10" size (that isn't the Galaxy tab or Archos 70/101) then that'd be awesome too.

Cheers!
    Wally
    There's a 7" one on ecargoonline dot com, multitouch screen + gps + hdmi output + android 2.1 OS + 3G etc...

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered

Member #
    We are offering a special Christmas discount coupon. Just use this discount code XMASNY2011 and you can get it as low as $179.99.

Wopad Capacitive Touch Screen CT7001 RK2818 Android 2.1 Apad Android Tablet

Anyway we had placed order for a new 9.7 inches Freescale IMX515 A8 Cortex Android 2.2 tablet with IPS capacitive touch screen but we cannot make sure if it will be in time to arrived to you by Christmas. You may check out our blog. Initial pricing is estimated around $380

The Best iPad Clone Review: Android 2.2, Freescale Imx515 and 9.7

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    As djjinx1 said, if 400$ isn't to expensive you can buy the KinPad I600. It is one of the best shanzai tablets out there and also has phone functionality.
    Send me Private Message for the Android Tablet Comparison page (I am not allowed to post the link in my signature)

Member #
    SIPS eh? Nice. Man, if only these devices came out a few weeks earlier...2011 is sure to be the year of Android!

Member #
    wopad looks great for now. it is also named suli sl-7. if you go to youtube, you'll see a better video of it. it is a pity about the flash limitations of android 2.1 but still...all in all good for now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: