Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree6Thanks

Thread: Best Tablet for College?

Member #
    Device
    Mac Desktop

Best Tablet for College?

Hello everyone, I am new here and I am considering getting a tablet for college. Which brings me to my question, which tablet is good for college students? I am going to school for Healthcare Management in the fall and need a tablet for textbooks. My college uses the universal digital textbook program and the Nook study as well. It would also be great if I could get one with some sort of app or program for writing. Thank you very much everyone!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Supporting Vendor
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class 150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 50,000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Member #
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by xvvw42809 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new here and I am considering getting a tablet for college. Which brings me to my question, which tablet is good for college students? I am going to school for Healthcare Management in the fall and need a tablet for textbooks. My college uses the universal digital textbook program and the Nook study as well. It would also be great if I could get one with some sort of app or program for writing. Thank you very much everyone!
    Hi xvvw42809, welcome to the forum. Maybe you can have a look at our Android 4.0 Tablets, And personally, i think the hottest Ainol novo 7 Aurora with LG IPS screen will be the best choice for you. hope you'll find what you want finally!
    xvvw42809 thanked this.
    About Us: Focus on New Consumer Electronics - SpeMall.com
    Specialized in: Android Tablet PC, Car Electronics, Computer Products, Electronics Gadgets.
    Guarantee: 12 month FREE WARRANTY for all products.
    Contact Us: info@SpeMall.com, Facebook,VK Group, Youtube Video.

Senior Member Achievements:
    150,000 Experience Points 100,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Ainol NOVO 7 Paladin, NOVO 7 Elf, Samsung Galaxy SII, iPad 2
    Hi

Glad to answer your questions.

I think before you buy a tablet, you should have a list, write your demand, the tablet size, the functions you must need, and the function you don't care, also what is your budget for this tablets? as for the general use, i think a 7 inch one, with capacitive touch screen, with at least cortext A8 processor and at least Mail-400 GPU will be best choice for you now.

you can ask me any questions when you pick up a tablet, will give you the professional suggestions, from brand tablet to no brand.

xvvw42809 thanked this.

Senior Member Achievements:
    25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Hi, how much are you willing to spend for the tablet? Also, it would easier for us to help you if you tell us more about your requirements of the tablet.
    xvvw42809 thanked this.

Member #
    Device
    Mac Desktop
    Hi everyone, so basically what I want is a tablet that will work with the Nook Study program because I will mainly be using the tablet for textbook reading and such. I will use it a little for web browsing as well. As for my budget, I am going up to 250 dollars max. Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by xvvw42809; 04-17-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Member #
    Device
    Mac Desktop
    Also I was looking at the Nook Color, the Asus Transformer, and Acer iconia Tab A500. I know that the the Asus and Acer is out of my price range, but people have been telling me these are good tablets. They have to work with Nook study though, otherwise it will be useless for college use. Thanks again everyone!!!

Administrator
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Nexus 7 / Galaxy Nexus
    Also I was looking at the Nook Color, the Asus Transformer, and Acer iconia Tab A500. I know that the the Asus and Acer is out of my price range, but people have been telling me these are good tablets. They have to work with Nook study though, otherwise it will be useless for college use. Thanks again everyone!!!
    What's your budget?

jimbo7630
    I believe he said up to $250.

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Currently Nook Study only works with PC or Mac, there is no Android or iOS app. So tablets that work with it are out though they do say they have plans to expanded beyond computers in the future (NOOK Study Support, Digital Textbooks, eTextbook Application - Barnes*&*Noble).

The next question you need to ask yourself is if Nook Study is out, at least for now, what do you want from a tablet. If it is primarily for reading materials (though not Nook Study) then you may want to consider a smaller portable form factor like 7-8 inches. This is comfortable for reading for long periods in all sorts of positions and highly portable. If you need it primary to hand write notes or type long papers or put presentations together, you might want a 10" screen. This will allow the tablet to be a little more like a netbook when combined with a docking station or keyboard and give you a bit more surface for notes or to see your presentation details. General things like youtube, email and internet browsing will be fine on both sizes. So it comes down to what you primarily intend on using it for and how portable you need it to be.

Personally I would look into Nook Color, Nook Tablet (if B&N does make Nook Study available on tablets these may get it first) and Vizio Vtab for current 7-8" devices which can be had for between $100-$200 if you look carefully. Maybe also the Ainol mentioned above. For a lager device I would recommend the Le Pan Tablets which can be had for about $180 (the TC970) to about $250 (Le Pan II) or even a used iPad. If you can wait until the end of the year there should be a whole new crop of ~$250 tablets with good specs to choose from.
    xvvw42809 thanked this.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Administrator
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Nexus 7 / Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by J515OP View Post
    If you can wait until the end of the year there should be a whole new crop of ~$250 tablets with good specs to choose from.
    ^This. The Google Nexus tablet is supposedly launching in July also priced below $200.
    xvvw42809 thanked this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: