Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Frederuco

Thread: Installing New games in tablet from PC without wifi

Member #
    Device
    Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich OS

Installing New games in tablet from PC without wifi

Hi All,

I am new to Android applications. I bought new Tablet with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. I have internet in my home with USB. Don't have Wifi. I want to know how to install games in my tablet from PC.

I tried to copy some photos and Songs. I am able to see photos and able to play songs.
    I tried to download Angrybirds in my PC and copied into Tablet. I am able to see Angrybirds folder in Tablet. But, couldn't find install option anywhere.

Please let me know how to install games in Tablet.

Regards
    Prady

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered

Member #
    Level
    Device
    ASUS TF101
    Welcome to the forum!

So, in order to install an app on an android tablet, you need to get the installation file which instead of being a .exe (windows executable) it is an .apk file. Once you download this file, transfer to your tablet and then you should be able to install it. Finding these for some apps can be tricky. It is not possible to just download the apk file from the Play Store and copy it to your tablet.

Other ideas:
    - if your PC has a WiFi card in it (laptops do) you can install Connectify on your laptop to create a WiFi access point to get your tablet online through your laptop. (You only need the free version).

- Try connecting your tablet to your PC via USB cable. Then go to Settings - Wireless & Networks - More... - Tethering & portable hotspot - USB Tethering - Tick the box
    Next, your PC will install a driver for this new LAN connection. Once installed, go to your network settings of the control panel. Right click on the LAN connection that was newly created (Should mention something about USB or Android) and select Properties. Go to the Sharing tab and tick the box to enable sharing, select your LAN connection (I assume this is how your PC gets online if no wireless) and hit OK

Now your tablet should be able to get online through the USB using your PC.
    prady123 thanked this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munchin on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene. - Homer Jay Simpson

Member #
    Device
    Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich OS
    Quote Originally Posted by prady123 View Post
    Hi All,

I am new to Android applications. I bought new Tablet with Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich OS. I have internet in my home with USB. Don't have Wifi. I want to know how to install games in my tablet from PC.

I tried to copy some photos and Songs. I am able to see photos and able to play songs.
    I tried to download Angrybirds in my PC and copied into Tablet. I am able to see Angrybirds folder in Tablet. But, couldn't find install option anywhere.

Please let me know how to install games in Tablet.

Regards
    Prady

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I downloaded .apk files into my PC. And copied to Tablet. Tried to install from Tablet. But got "Problem Parsing package error". Couldn't resolve issue.

Even tried to install Certify for Wifi. After downloading Certify my internet was not working. Couldn't resolve this issue as well. Please assist me.

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered 1,000 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 31 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco
    Welcome to the forum!

So, in order to install an app on an android tablet, you need to get the installation file which instead of being a .exe (windows executable) it is an .apk file. Once you download this file, transfer to your tablet and then you should be able to install it. Finding these for some apps can be tricky. It is not possible to just download the apk file from the Play Store and copy it to your tablet.

Other ideas:
    - if your PC has a WiFi card in it (laptops do) you can install Connectify on your laptop to create a WiFi access point to get your tablet online through your laptop. (You only need the free version).

- Try connecting your tablet to your PC via USB cable. Then go to Settings - Wireless & Networks - More... - Tethering & portable hotspot - USB Tethering - Tick the box
    Next, your PC will install a driver for this new LAN connection. Once installed, go to your network settings of the control panel. Right click on the LAN connection that was newly created (Should mention something about USB or Android) and select Properties. Go to the Sharing tab and tick the box to enable sharing, select your LAN connection (I assume this is how your PC gets online if no wireless) and hit OK

Now your tablet should be able to get online through the USB using your PC.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120720_195122.png
Views: 35283
Size:  478.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20120720_195122.png
Views: 35283
Size:  478.8 KB

Ads: