Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: Proscan Tablets?

MJL
    Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Proscan 7"
    I was looking for a cheap way to get into Android and chose this tablet, too, since it was cheap enough to break while experimenting and not feel bad. After all, for $70 I can afford to throw it against the wall if the frustration beats me! I was surprised to learn that Curtis was a Canadian company since the manual looked like computer-translated Chinese into English. It is completely worthless but the tablet, so far, isn't too bad. I found that GetJar didn't work and stumbled onto the Amazon Android App store app. That has been great. I am learning to navigate Android... I am pretty happy with it to be honest. It isn't exactly an iPad Mini or Galaxy III, but it is a serviceable ereader thanks to Kindle and it brings me the Flash content that my iPhone doesn't. I am a bit dismayed at the trouble I am having finding a decent guide book to Android in general but hopefully I'll find something this weekend with a trip to yet another bookstore. I am having trouble with my 32 gig SD card, though. The device recognizes it and seems to have put a LOST directory on it but I can't move apps to it, even with Apps 2 SD. I'll figure that out soon enough though... I figure if I can get this to work the way I want it to I'll have learned the ins and outs of Android along the way.

Believe it or not, I am considering giving a couple to by daughters (4th and 7th grade). It is sturdier than I expect and with kids the lack of features is a plus!

If anyone has insight into my microSD problems, I am listening. If I get it solved I will pass it along.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    gen android stuf
    on a whim i picked up the 7 in, its no ipad killer or even super great but i just wanted something to play around with i have 3 kindels including one fire, several macs ipads ipods iphones, and some android phones and some old windows phones...the screen is poor but build quality is ok. I paid 69 bucks for it, it will not run google play but just get the apk's from the net they seem to work, i have firefox on it, and evernote skype pulse, ive only played with it for 4hrs but ill keep it around for grins and giggles, i put an old 16gig card in it from my 1st droid and it works fine. so whos it for, really no one except those who like to tinker with stuff. its not very fast, the touch display is very clunky but then i said i like to tinker with stuff.

7 days registered

Member #
    we bought 2 fr big lots & after a few days of playing on it i would not recommend getting 1 u cant download most of the apps in the apps store, cant download most kid friendly games & u cant download any google apps @ ALL! soundont is not good unless u have in earbuds lots of times its u have 2 double press the keyboard when u r typing, sometimes the screen will start flashing & moving up & down freaks out! its very sensitive when u r trying 2 move pg up & down! needless 2 say it has WAY 2 MANY problems & i wouldn't recommend any1 2 waste there money on a proscan AT ALL!!!!!

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    proscan 1044
    Proscan plt1044

Well I almost gave up hope,but after some internet searching I been able to get gooogle market and amazon running. I will post the method that worked for me. Iam hoping that it will work on the other proscan tablets as I am thinking of picking some up for kids

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    proscan 1044
    Quote Originally Posted by KMOODY42
    Proscan plt1044

Well I almost gave up hope,but after some internet searching I been able to get gooogle market and amazon running. I will post the method that worked for me. Iam hoping that it will work on the other proscan tablets as I am thinking of picking some up for kids
    http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...roid-pmid702c/

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    proscan 7inch tablet
    Hey everyone. I just picked up one of these proscan 7 inch tablets at big lots today for $69 they were out of the D2 which I really wanted because of the bigger ram but no big deal I got this the last of any tablets that they had in stock. I have a iPhone 5 and a iPad but I wanted something cheap and smaller just to be able to bring around when I couldn't bring my iPad and something bigger than my iPhone for reading.
    And I had the same problem most of you were having with that getjar app think not working at all. So I saw some of you said to get the amazon app store and I had tried a kindle fire last year, and have bought books for my kindle app and purchases from amazon so I already had an account. And while there app store isn't the full blown google play store it has all the big apps I needed. Well here is a solution to get it by simply going to the stock browser on the proscan tablet, no need to download anything on your PC and no APK required. Simply type in amzn.to/getappstore into the browser and that's it, amazon app store is on the tablet. Hope this helps if anyone was having trouble using the APK download. It really isn't a terrible tablet for $69. when I get some more time I will let you guys know how to overclock it and add the google play store easily. Let me know if this helped anyone out. Peace

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    proscan 7inch tablet
    Just use the amazon app store to get the popular app we all use. type this in the proscan stock browser amzn.to/getappstore that puts the amazon app store directly on your proscan without needing to download anything on your PC

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    proscan 7inch tablet
    did you have any luck getting amazon app store on it or did you give up on it and return it? I posted a how to get the amazon store easily if you still have it sitting around

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Proscan PLT 7035-PL (Big Lots special)

I followed the instructions here to get google play to work

Quote Originally Posted by brianpug4 View Post
    did you have any luck getting amazon app store on it or did you give up on it and return it? I posted a how to get the amazon store easily if you still have it sitting around

I did have Amazon Apps working (go to amazon.com and search for amazon market, and download to your PC and copy across via a USB connector) to the tablet.

But I followed the instructions at this site (with some slight modifications that I documented, and got google play to work!)

Go here: [Tutorial] Proscan PLT-7035-PL Root and install GAPPS - xda-developers

Good luck! I'm seeing some weird behavior, but not sure if it's because of a bug in the google play software, operator misunderstanding of the ICS build/use or what. I download apps, but it appears to open it, or show it on the "task bar" area, and I can't seem to "clear" them out, and when I touch the little google play shopping bags, it opens. I also seem to have a cycling of apps when I'm downloading, and a long delayed download too.

But hey, it works!

And believe it or not, I am a noob! 1st time ever rooting an android platform.

And took HOURS... (fighting sleep too)

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Proscan Tablet
    I wish I had returned it when I had the chance. I can't download anything using Google play. I can get and send email and listen to music but I want to be able to download some books.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Ads: