Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Windows 8 on Your Android

Junior Member Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered Tagger Second Class

Member #

Windows 8 on Your Android

Does anyone know of any ways as to how to get the Windows 8 system onto an android tablet?

I've seen a few videos of people getting the consumer preview on their androids but I haven't seen or heard anything about HOW to do it, on that you can. So, I'm wondering, how do you get the consumer preview? Is it possible to get the ENTIRE set up now that the Microsoft Surface has been released?

Can all tablets get Windows 8? Android ICS? So many questions!

The biggest one, do you want Windows 8 on your Android? Why or why not?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    Given time it might be possible to get Windows RT to run on Android hardware but it isn't going to happen overnight. The hardware that Windows RT runs on might also be limited to just a few specific ARM chips. This isn't like buying a PC with linux or no OS on it and then installing Windows if that is what you are thinking and MS will not be making any provisions to install Windows RT to tablets in that way.

This will be a very fringe effort by developers and enthusiasts if it goes any where at all. So the short answer is no, you can't really get Windows on an Android tablet.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class 10,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Transformer Prime & TF700
    Additionally the Windows 8 RT will not be sold at retail and Windows 8 RT has some specific hardware requirements. only tablets that meet those requirements would be able to run it properly. But as JP said, someone will figure out a way, eventually.
    Locked out of your Tablet? - Printing from an Android tablet (or phone) - Connecting to the Internet with no WiFi - Move/copy/cut/paste files to and from your tablet - WiFi connection issues - Getting Flash Player
    TF201 & TF700 (stock) with dock, .

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    ACER Iconia Tab A500
    Hardware compatibility issues...

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Bauhn AMid 972Xs
    By my very limited reading and understanding of Windows 8 is that it is intended to make your Desktop or Laptop into a defacto Tablet. !!!
    It now has a screen full of 'APPS' ala Tablet, Touch screen response ala Tablet, an 'optional' add on/take off Keyboard ala Tablet so really, why do you want Windows 8 on a Tablet as you already have all of its 'features'?
    To me the Tablet is becoming what the Laptop started out as some years ago as a 'Junior' Desktop for the 'Upwardly Mobile User'.
    Small but not tiny, portable without needing wheels, Good Battery life and 'Connectable' via various means to another devise or the Internet but certainly not 'Junior' to a Desktop now in any of its capabilities.
    The Tablet makes needing a Desktop less important and the Tablet is giving the Laptops a run for popularity too.
    By combining screen features such as APP's on both,it makes it simpler for the user of the more 'Traditional' Desktop to go from one to the other rather than having to remember how to find programs using Vista, XP or Win7 if downloads are needed or adding other App's as needed.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 10-27-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Elocity A7
    My first computer was an IBM 386 with windows 3.1, i am typing this on a compaq running windows 8 and dual booting with ubuntu 12.10, I would never buy a tablet running windows while there is android, I love to tinker and options that android give's windows is lacking at this moment in time....
    Motorola Xoom EOS 2.0 @1.4
    HTC Sourrond Mango 7720

31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Nexus 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    The biggest one, do you want Windows 8 on your Android? Why or why not?
    Personally, I'd love to be able to dual boot my Nexus 7 with Jelly Bean and Windows 8. Windows 8 comes pre-installed with MS Office, which would help me out a lot with productivity but I'd still have the flexibility of Android to utilize.
    Last edited by anchorblew; 10-30-2012 at 10:03 AM.

31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    I know there are plenty of cloud-based options such as Splashtop in the Android Market, but those options only create the illusion that your tablet is running Windows 8. Connecting your tablet to your computer via cloud isn't the same thing as actually having the software on your device. I'm looking to actually get all of the features and gestures of Windows 8, onto an Android Tablet without the use of "tricking yourself" into thinking it's Windows 8 or downloading a crappy ROM.

Developer
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 974
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Leagoo Lead 1 ZTE OPEN C, Coby 7065, Coby 8042, Coby 9740
    Quote Originally Posted by Six
    I know there are plenty of cloud-based options such as Splashtop in the Android Market, but those options only create the illusion that your tablet is running Windows 8. Connecting your tablet to your computer via cloud isn't the same thing as actually having the software on your device. I'm looking to actually get all of the features and gestures of Windows 8, onto an Android Tablet without the use of "tricking yourself" into thinking it's Windows 8 or downloading a crappy ROM.
    No problem just buy a windows 8 tablet, no tricking involved.
    If you like my work buy me a coffee!!!

Donations Appreciated

Due to the overwhelming PM's that I receive, I am unable to answer all the questions and many questions are duplicates so PLEASE post all questions on this forum so I may better help you and any others who are having the same issues.

No PM's regarding windows questions will be answered, I am a Linux Guy.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Hauwei S7
    Fear not as Microsoft, being a software company at heart, will soon release a version of Office for Android because it is obviously already capable of running on Arm based devices. The problem, of course, is that it could well cost as much as the tablet you want to run it on.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1
    vampirefo. thanked this.
    Huawei S7 104 (BB)
    Froyo 2.2.2 S7V100R001C98B021
    SOC Rooted - link2sd

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    SS SsS oo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: