Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #

Whats the difference between all these different types of Tablets ?

Whats the difference between all the different types of tables out there ?

I see 7 inch tablets that go by the names of APAD, EPED, IPED, iRobot etc etc .

I have a 7 inch that runs on Android 1.7 which I bought from Electronic Dealz .
    Chip is VIA VT8505 ARM926 400-450MHz and it has 256MB memory. Works great for surfing the web, chat etc. Watch youtube and other vids too.

I also bought a 10.2 inch from ElectronicDealz. That is more upgraded with Android 2.1 and has better screen quality runs faster and is great for watching high def videos.

I notice there are bunch of other tablets out there with varying prices. What is the difference between them ? They all seem to be 256 MB memory and Android 1.6, 1.7 or 2.1/2.2. What else is different ? the chips in them ? Are certain chips better than others - rockport, VIA etc

What generally should one look for when buying a tablet ? What specs etc ?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    7" anhub VIA AT8505
    Don't hold your breath on a reply. I have the same unit you do. The 7" VT8505. I've asked and asked for help. I've tried ever rom out there and nothing unless I use my usb mouse. These forums are very unorganized and it's hard to believe nobody has setup a step by step for the different units.

Administrator Achievements:
    100,000 Experience Points Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    There has been a lot of these VIA variants shipping. By a lot, I mean dozens of them. A lot of the time, they have identical externals but different internals, making it truly a nightmare to identify. I vowed to not buy one of these for myself, and I always recommend against buying these tablets despite how inexpensive they are.

In the land of generic tablets, names don't mean a thing.

If you have any ideas about how to organize the forums, please contribute.

The Infotmic 10" tablets aren't too bad for the money.
    Huawei Ideos S7-104 on Singapore ROM, HSG X5A, RK2818 RT7, (Past: IMX515 APAD, RK2808 APAD)

My written articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License

本人現在已比較小時間瀏覽此論壇。有關和此論壇的合作關係,請聯絡admin或4Nines。

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    About organizing the forums: I am also a noob. Would it be possible to have a section called "noob basics" and include step by step instructions for the really basic stuff that all noobs struggle with? A thread on file transfer from a PC to tablet, A simple to understand general description of how these things manage memory, What the heck rooting is, how to install apps, ect.....
    I know that there are tons of differant variations on tablets but I'll bet a section like that could still be made.

Ads: