Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: My woPad and tablet holder w/ mini usb keyboard

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered

Member #

Talking My woPad and tablet holder w/ mini usb keyboard

Name:  IMGA0005.JPG
Views: 1193
Size:  1.33 MBName:  IMGA0012.JPG
Views: 900
Size:  1.17 MBName:  IMGA0006.JPG
Views: 733
Size:  964.8 KBName:  IMGA0007.JPG
Views: 913
Size:  1.23 MBName:  IMGA0003.JPG
Views: 1469
Size:  1.21 MB

just bought my android tablet from *********** and leather case, love them!!!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Samsung Moment, Wopad capacitive tablet

My Wopad does not recognize the USB Keyboard

Hi! I got the same setup as pictured above (from Merimobiles). The Wopad is a decent little tablet! However, it does not recognize the Keyboard no matter what I try. I have sent an email to the supplier about this and I am waiting for an answer.

The Keyboard seems to have three little LEDs - is that correct? Does anything light up when you plug the Keyboard into the Wopad? Mine stays dark.

Do you have any suggestions on how to get these pieces to play together? Thanks in advance for any and all ideas.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    wopad
    you have your usb host mode ticked martonic?

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Hi ving, Thanks for your interest. Yes - I tried it both ways. I have a few more things to try, and I will post updates here as information becomes available.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 3 months registered

Member #
    Here is a video instruction from my supplier, wish it could help you.

Member #
    Device
    Hi - this is interesting - thank you very much. My situation is a little different from what is shown above.

1) In the above instructions, the "Case/Keyboard" cable terminates in a full-width USB plug. In my case, the termination is a MINI-PLUG. There are two USB ports on the Wopad. It may be that "host mode" only controls the full-width port. This may be a problem.

2) When I go to Settings/"Language & keyboard" the option to turn the on-screen keyboard off - as shown in the above video instructions - is not there! Even if I select "Android Keyboard" there is no such option.

So I may have received the wrong case, the wrong firmware, or both. This is perplexing.

Administrator Achievements:
    100,000 Experience Points Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    For the Wopad, do any other peripherals work with it? You want to isolate the issue. The keyboard should just a standard USB keyboard. Try plugging the keyboard into your computer and see if it works properly first.
    Huawei Ideos S7-104 on Singapore ROM, HSG X5A, RK2818 RT7, (Past: IMX515 APAD, RK2808 APAD)

My written articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License

本人現在已比較小時間瀏覽此論壇。有關和此論壇的合作關係,請聯絡admin或4Nines。

Member #
    Device
    Hi xaueious, very logical - thank you.

1) The Case/Keyboard will not plug into my computer, because it has a MINI-PLUG termination and my computer only accepts full-width USB cables.

2) What other peripherals could I try with the Wopad? I did use the USB cable that came with it - which has a full-width plug on one side and mini-plug on the other - to transfer files to the Wopad from the computer, and this works.

EDIT - I have now tried the next thing I was going to try, which fits with the above. I tried a "flexible keyboard" that came as a freebie with my order. This has a USB cable that terminates in a full-width plug. This works! Furthermore, once this is plugged in (in "Host Mode") the option to deselect the on-screen keyboard does appear! Yay!

So, at this time the problem may be that my Case/Keyboard came with the wrong USB cable plug type. I am waiting for "online chat support" at this moment - I will provide them with this additional information.

Thanks for your help folks!
    Last edited by martonic; 01-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by martonic View Post
    Hi xaueious, very logical - thank you.

1) The Case/Keyboard will not plug into my computer, because it has a MINI-PLUG termination and my computer only accepts full-width USB cables.

2) What other peripherals could I try with the Wopad? I did use the USB cable that came with it - which has a full-width plug on one side and mini-plug on the other - to transfer files to the Wopad from the computer, and this works.

EDIT - I have now tried the next thing I was going to try, which fits with the above. I tried a "flexible keyboard" that came as a freebie with my order. This has a USB cable that terminates in a full-width plug. This works! Furthermore, once this is plugged in (in "Host Mode") the option to deselect the on-screen keyboard does appear! Yay!

So, at this time the problem may be that my Case/Keyboard came with the wrong USB cable plug type. I am waiting for "online chat support" at this moment - I will provide them with this additional information.

Thanks for your help folks!
    Someone on another forum (or maybe this one in another thread) had the same problem and soldered a new pigtail with the large A USB male connector. I would not be so brave but I would use an A male to mini B female adapter.

Here is a link to one: USB Adapter, USB "A" Male to "Mini B", 5 Pin, Female - USB Adapters

Member #
    Device
    Hi steveb625,

Thank you very much. After waiting an hour for Merimobiiles "on-line" chat the operator finally said "How can I help you" I explained everything and after another long wait "Operator Logged Out". This is the third time. First time I waited four hours. Second time about two hours. This time, one hour. Useless!

I ordered an adaptor from here:

Amazon.com: Manhattan, USB A Male to Mini-5 Female Adapter: Electronics

Now, I got to find a way to prod Merimobiles to send the rest of my order. Joy, joy.
    ving thanked this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: