Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thanks Tree6Thanks

Thread: Whats the best tablet for the money

Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    I have 3 Coby Kyros for our kids.... they "work" for the kids, but are pretty buggy and sluggish. I have rooted, updated, and applied every tweak possible at this point. They have full market, etc. But they are slow and buggy still. For my personal use, they are a mere shadow of how my Droid X operates. Only 2.1 operating system, which for me doesn't cut the mustard. Picked them up for 149 each, so they have actually been a good buy relative to other gifts we have bought our kids. They love them. Of course I spent DAYS getting them set up right in the end. I love challenges, but in the end the hours I spent getting these units to run very well at all I could have earned the extra $ and bought a higher end unit (Archos 70) that works better. But that's water under the bridge and my own personal little story on low end tabs.

My suggestion is to up your price limit. At this time, from everything I've used personally (in stores like Best Buy, etc), I think the BEST BUY on an android tab is the Samsung. I have side by side compared this to the iPad, and really they perform almost the same speed wise. I like a bigger screen (why I have a droid X in the first place), but I think for overall tab use, 7" is really nice. Great for a kindle reader whereas 10" gets kinda large for that kind of stuff. I was pretty impressed with how it seemed to move through apps and screens. Since I loathe apple, I would never consider the iPad. Personally, I would wait things out a bit, be prepared to spend up to $500 for a honeycomb tegra 2 tab. Personally, the screen quality means a LOT to me, so that kinda crosses the Viewsonic off my list. When I buy a tab, it will have a great capacitive screen, tegra 2, honeycomb, dual cameras, etc. That means top of the line and more $ but after my experience with the lower end Coby's I'd rather pay a bit more for a unit that doesn't feel like a bastardized knockoff. Just my 2 cents. Or maybe 2000 cents with the long paragraphs lol.
    x2x thanked this.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Quote Originally Posted by xaueious View Post
    The buggy resistive touchscreen (hardware fix is available, if you can solder a ceramic cap to the expansion PCB) and it is a little fragile.

At $300, you might as well refer to my shopping guide... But your options have already been mentioned.
    I'm afraid to pry the tablet open because there are no screws. I agree, it seems fragile there.

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Droid Phone (original) and Elocity A7
    I have the Elocity A7...bought for $299.00 at Shop NBC about 3 weeks ago. They have flex pay - spread out over 6 months. I figured if I didn't like it, I would send back. Specs are good - comparable to Samsung Galaxy. Never heard of the Elocity manufacturer. So far - so good. Note that this tablet doesn't come with the Google apps, but you can update it so that it does. (Several thread posts tell you how). For a 1 ghz tablet with 4 gb internal that is upgradeable to 32 gb internal extra storage via micros sd, you can't beat it for $299.00. Several others are selling for the same price, Amazon, etc. Good luck in your search.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    hi, i can tell you the 8 inch Freescale is not very good its very slow and in many forums i read so many bad ranks about it , if you ask me i prefer the new android Tablet with samsung cpu and Android 2.2 it have mutitouch and is very fast 1ghz Cpu i bought one frome elektric-junkys.com theyre wholesaling direcly frome china and have good service and the cheapest price as i check and i check a lot . This moth they told me the Flytouch 3 comes out also called superpad 2 gps 10inch and also 2.2, also the 9,7 inch freescale with resistive touch and 3g inside must come now after they end the chinese new year they told .. regards i check many forums everyday at moment im looking for a solution for my zt-180 2.2 the pictures are not very colorful and the Flash can not wor did anyone have the newes update flash for the tz-180 2 ?
    regards
    Last edited by george; 02-12-2011 at 02:44 AM.

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    infotmic superpad 2.1
    Superpad for me.

1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    infotmic superpad 2.1
    Only problem is you can't see anything in daylight

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Eken M006
    The only thing I have to say is: do not buy EKEN. You will be throwing your money away. I was stupid enough to buy five pieces at once. Two simply don't work, two crashes all the time and one, well, one works reasonably. Their support is as good as the device (that is, a piece of trash) as they NEVER answer e-mails. They ship low quality products simply because China is not at the corner and you are not going to spend fortunes shipping the goods (or should I say "bads"?) back.

Some cheap products are, actually, too expensive.
    x2x thanked this.

Member #
    Device
    infotmic superpad 2.1
    superpad for me

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    I went ahead and ordered the Wits A81G. For the specs and the price was right in my price range. It was $212USD shipped. Worth taking a look at.

Witstech A81G Full USB and Gsensor

Member #
    Device
    Eken M006
    I am anxiously waiting for the Asus Eee Pad EP121 12-inch. Actually, my usage of a tablet is simple. I am not interested in navigating the web. A desktop is much more adequate (I don't use notebooks, you see). As a matter of fact, a tablet sounds to me as an ebook reader with bigger screen and able to reproduce colors.

I use it to:
    1. Comic books/graphic novels/mangas
    2. Images in general
    3. Text books

Thus, a 12-inch screen will be my dreams come true. I am afraid of the cost, but I will certainly buy the Android version.

[I had forgotten to mention before, but all Chinese android tablets available in Ali Baba/Ali Express site are Ekenmade, although they bring no brand.]
    Last edited by Sergio Nova; 02-13-2011 at 03:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: