Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Sutter1849

Thread: build costum Tablet/ repair broken tablet

Member #
    Device
    Motorola ATRIX 4G.

build costum Tablet/ repair broken tablet

hey,
    i wont talk to much about why would i want to do that, and how much i'd put into that, just asking questions and expecting some answers... thanks!

i want to BUY a broken tablet, and fix it..
    the first plan was to buy a motherboard with an integrated processor (but processors like ARM are not in stores, they are only sold in high quantitys from high-tech companys like Marvel), or take a motherboard and solder a processor into it (again, no proper processors were found for public purchase, only factory-grade..)
    so my dad had a briliant idea of buying a broken tablet for cheap and fix it!

please notice: i have NEVER installed a ROM, and i dont have lots of knowledge of electronics like a expert who studied the subject for 15 years, but i do know some basics and my mom works for a high-tech comapny (she knows more then me about electronics and such..)

any way, here are some questions, and i know i will have more questions later:

1.one described hes tablt having a "white screen of death".. i have never heared of that, but if i delete (format) what ever is on the hard drive and install a fresh 3.2 rom, will it work?

2.another one said thay hes recharge conection is broken (pins are bended or something like that..) is that replaceable? he said he tryed to update and the battery went out in the middle, so its going into recovery everytime..

3.other said hes tablet is stuck on a screen and it says: ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.0 , is tha fixable?

by the way, isnt that awekward people cant google a problem?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member #
    Device
    iPad airbook

Here's part of your solution

Removing a microprocessor is easy. I've replaced thousands. Just get a low watt, fine pointed soldering iron and preheat it. With your circuit board turned upside down touch one of the microprocessor connections and hold the tip of the soldering iron there until the solder is melted. As soon as it's melted use a solder sucker and place the tip on top of the now-liquid solder and push the release button and most of the solder holding the connector will be sucked up into the solder sucker. Repeat this process for each connector. After you've removed almost all of the solder there may be a few connectors that are still barely sticking to the circuit board. Use a pair of needle nose pliers and gently hold any sticking connectors and move them until you feel they become free. Never use a lot of force. And never overheat the solder which could cause separation between the contacts imbedded in the circuit board. Once the contacts break loose from the circuit board it's almost impossible to fix. I know a few tricks but it would take too long here.

After all the connectors are free simply rock it gently until it is removed. If there is still one stubborn connector repeat what I described above and remove enough solder to free it.

Note: Always use a wrist grounding strap or rubber gloves to prevent static electricity from building up and zapping another electronic part.

When resoldering a new or recycled microprocessor or chip use the least amount of solder to make a firm contact with the board. Some people use too much solder believing "the bigger the gob the better the job" but it's just the opposite. I've replaced microprocessors/chips for aircraft & spacecraft so they were always inspected and reinspected. Replacing a bad microprocessor is delicate work and if you need practice then get an old board that will never be used again and practice. Remember, never overheat the solder, circuit board or microprocessor. If you do then you might be damaging the circuit board instead of fixing it. Always use the lowest heat possible to remove solder.

I hope this helps with part of your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NeroTurbo View Post
    hey,
    i wont talk to much about why would i want to do that, and how much i'd put into that, just asking questions and expecting some answers... thanks!

i want to BUY a broken tablet, and fix it..
    the first plan was to buy a motherboard with an integrated processor (but processors like ARM are not in stores, they are only sold in high quantitys from high-tech companys like Marvel), or take a motherboard and solder a processor into it (again, no proper processors were found for public purchase, only factory-grade..)
    so my dad had a briliant idea of buying a broken tablet for cheap and fix it!

please notice: i have NEVER installed a ROM, and i dont have lots of knowledge of electronics like a expert who studied the subject for 15 years, but i do know some basics and my mom works for a high-tech comapny (she knows more then me about electronics and such..)

any way, here are some questions, and i know i will have more questions later:

1.one described hes tablt having a "white screen of death".. i have never heared of that, but if i delete (format) what ever is on the hard drive and install a fresh 3.2 rom, will it work?

2.another one said thay hes recharge conection is broken (pins are bended or something like that..) is that replaceable? he said he tryed to update and the battery went out in the middle, so its going into recovery everytime..

3.other said hes tablet is stuck on a screen and it says: ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.2.0 , is tha fixable?

by the way, isnt that awekward people cant google a problem?
    Spider thanked this.

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    100,000 Experience Points Veteran Overdrive Tagger First Class Recommendation First Class

Member #
    Level
    Device
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted & ManualNooted Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutter1849 View Post
    I hope this helps with part of your problem.
    Hi Sutter1849, welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. It's always nice to see a new member helping out with their first post. Enjoy the forum!
    If it's important to you, you'll find a
    way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
    If you're too busy for friends,
    You're too busy.
    Attention lurkers! Join the forum,
    and enter Spider into the referrer
    field of the application.The $0.00
    USD fee will be waived.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget
    how you made them feel.

Member #
    Device
    TF101
    My Asus TF101 suffered a sudden hot chocolate coating by my kid and it is now busted. It does turn on but I get a nice colourful screen that is non-responsive. My question is: Can I open up the tablet and access my files? I am not sure how the internal memory is stored (hard drive, SD card, etc). So, if I do open it, what should I be looking for and how do I interface with it? - Thanks!

Ads: