Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Thanks Tree1Thanks

Thread: Visual Land Prestige 7 and Google Play?

Junior Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class

Member #

Visual Land Prestige 7 and Google Play?

I bought my mother this tablet for Mother's Day, and I wanted to have it set up before I gave it to her. She'll mostly be using the tablet for Kindle reading, however I don't have access to the Google Play market to get a full range of the apps I know she would enjoy as well. The Amazon market just doesn't cut it :P

How would I go about getting Google Play on this tablet? I tried installing the apk itself and it would run for a short while, but when I went to download something it said "Google Play must close" or something like that.

Any help would be nice

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

3 months registered 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Visual Land VL-879
    i found this on slatedroid, it works perfect on my prestige 7 and my buddies. got the google play as well as all the other google apps installed and running.

super simple to run, just do it from a PC, and follow the instructions for installing the script for google play for android 4.0.3

[SCRIPTS] - Allwinner A10 Tablets Google Play Script - SlateDroid.com
    jorgri thanked this.

ahr
    Member #
    Device
    Visual Land Prestige 7
    Or you can use the Fdroid repository: download the fdroid app from f-droid.org.

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    prestige 7 visual land

Help please?

"
    Quote Originally Posted by joeeee View Post
    i found this on slatedroid, it works perfect on my prestige 7 and my buddies. got the google play as well as all the other google apps installed and running.

super simple to run, just do it from a PC, and follow the instructions for installing the script for google play for android 4.0.3

"

My question to you, how did you do this? I own a prestige 7, and the .bat file couldn't find my device. The readme suggests I should install the drivers (when this error occurs), but how?

How did you got this to work?

Member #
    Device
    visual land connect 7" tablet
    I have the connect 7" tablet and installed Google market by downloading root explorer( tablet has root acess out of the box)[root explorer is a pay app but any file explorer that will get you into the system file will work] also downloaded a gapps zip from an android phone forum( I used one from a Motorola milestone because that is what I have) extracted the system file from the gapps zip and copied it to the root directory of the device ,it will ask you if you want to merge it with the system file that already exists, say yes ,restart the tablet and follow the screen prompts

3 months registered 100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Visual Land VL-879
    Quote Originally Posted by dave407 View Post
    ""

My question to you, how did you do this? I own a prestige 7, and the .bat file couldn't find my device. The readme suggests I should install the drivers (when this error occurs), but how?

How did you got this to work?
    If you continue to read in the included READ ME file they give you, instructions are in there.

"DEVICE NOT FOUND ERROR?:
    1. Extract USB-Driver to a Folder and Connect Tablet to PC powered-ON.
    2. Go to Device Manager. Check for an Android Device with Exclamation Point [!].
    3. Right-click Android Device and click Update Driver. Locate the USB_Driver Folder."

its fairly simple, anyone can do this install.

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    prestige 7 visual land
    It finally worked. Made a stupid mistake. I've selected the parent directory when browsing for the android drivers. Anyway, thanks for the response(s).

Member #
    Device
    Visual Land - Prestige 7

Help Please

Hi .. joeee

I did everything step by step and the installation was successful, now, where do I find google play app in my tablet ? I have a google account and I have a device ( smartphone ) with the google app. What I'm suppose to do now because every app that I tried to install went straight to my cell instead to go to my tablet. I have a Visual Land - Prestige 7. Help me please .....

Member #
    Device
    Visual Land Prestige 7

i used the slatedroid.com website and i am now google happy. everything worked great. thanks for sharing

7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Visual Land Prestige 7
    Joeeee, can you ple more explicit about how you got this to work? Simply stating 'Got it to work' doesn't help those needing the explicit steps to complete, the information at the link you provided is scripts only for Allwinner tablets... I ran through this but couldn't figure out which options or where the USB_Driver folder(?) is.

Help?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads: