Sony Unleashes New Tegra 3 Quad-Core Xperia Tablet S at IFA 2012
Just as we suspected, Sony officially unveiled their newest Android tablet at IFA 2012. The new Xperia Tablet S comes with some pretty impressive specs including a splash-resistant screen. Here's a breakdown below:
- Slim new aluminium body and splash-proof design
- 9.4” HD display with OptiContrast™ Panel with low-friction coating
- NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor and Android 4.0.3 operating system
- Android version 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Various experiences with original applications and Sony’s network services
- Optimized accessories (sold separately) to enhance experiences in every scene
Here are some additional pics below. This looks like a better product than Sony's previous Android tablets. Sound off what you think in the forums!
Update: The device is expected in September, and we know the following pricing info: The 16GB version will sell for $400, the 32GB for $500 and the 64GB for $600.
Last edited by dgstorm; 08-29-2012 at 04:19 PM.
08-29-2012 02:04 PM
Looks like Sony listened to its customers, and probably a few detractors as well, and is putting out what seems to me to be a great device while obviously taking into consideration the design of the new Surface tablets with the very cool available keyboard case.
Sent from my Tablet like device running Android
Huawei S7 104 (BB)
Froyo 2.2.2 S7V100R001C98B021
SOC Rooted - link2sd
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
SS SsS oo