Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Thanks Tree5Thanks

Thread: Eric Schmidt Finds it 'Curious' That Apple Only Sues Android OEMs instead of Google

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nexus One, Neuxs Tablet (in my dreams)
    Quote Originally Posted by vampirefo. View Post
    I don't see MS as a player in the tablet, smart phone market. Look at it this way, you buy a tablet using android 2.3 you could upgrade it to 3,4,4.2 cm7, cm9,cm10,custom roms and recoveries. With windows 8 you get windows 8. The tablet will always remain windows 8.
    Custom ROMS are only relevant to people who root. Majority of phone users don't care, otherwise there would be a larger group of people not still on Gingerbread.

They are already planning an update for WP 8 in the first quarter. WP 7 phones will get 7.8 upgrades and the Titan II has been hacked to run WP 8. So no the tablet will not just 8 without updates. Plus with MS having a restricted ecosystem upgrades and updates will be across the board unlike Android that relies on MFR custom upgrades.

"They float around in my blood stream,
    Slowly transforming flesh to circuits.
    A Borg, No. Worse. A Droid"

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nexus One, Neuxs Tablet (in my dreams)
    Quote Originally Posted by vampirefo. View Post
    Apple survives cause they were first, but they loose market share everyday because they don't change, their product is the same when you buy it as it is when you get rid of it. MS just brings the same, 1st 6 months windows will sell top out and die in a year.
    But the advantage is you have options of phones. Not just one product like the iPhone. At the very least if you don't like one Window phone you can look at others.

"They float around in my blood stream,
    Slowly transforming flesh to circuits.
    A Borg, No. Worse. A Droid"

Member #

Re: Eric Schmidt Finds it 'Curious' That Apple...

Google is too big for Apple to play against.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Hauwei S7
    Quote Originally Posted by newbestapps View Post
    Google is too big for Apple to play against.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Some things to keep in mind, Apple is more concerned about hardware dominance, and Google is just dabbling in this arena. Plus, of course, Apple may be the largest company on the planet, Google is far from its equal. Apple feels a greater threat from Samsung,

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1
    Huawei S7 104 (BB)
    Froyo 2.2.2 S7V100R001C98B021
    SOC Rooted - link2sd

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    SS SsS oo

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Hauwei S7
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidIsTheTruth View Post

But the advantage is you have options of phones. Not just one product like the iPhone. At the very least if you don't like one Window phone you can look at others.
    I don't think this is quite it. Apple and Microsoft are distinctly different from Google and Android. Apple and Microsoft envision an ecosystem that covers users from phone to tablet to computer, The advantage Microsoft has is that they own the business / productivity end of the equation, through the software that enables this, and Apple owns the personal communication and social enabling devices through both their hardware and software. Both would like to capitalize on offering alternatives to the strengths of their opponents.
    Google, in general, has made its fortunes on being the absolute best at delivering information, and of course targeting advertising at users through its Unmatched data and information gathering techniques, but understands that a favorable OS, that features its services, is in its best interest. Google is also no ones fool, knowing that both Apple, and Microsoft, could potentially cut them out of the equation. So they compete, in a rather unique, open source way that potentially allows innovation that is difficult for the very structured Apple and Microsoft to plan a defense against. Of course, Google is hedging its bets by delving into the hardware arena as well.
    Its going to be interesting, and I'm all in with Google, maybe just because they are the lesser of three evils.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1
    J515OP thanked this.
    Huawei S7 104 (BB)
    Froyo 2.2.2 S7V100R001C98B021
    SOC Rooted - link2sd

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    SS SsS oo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads: