Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Editor in Chief
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran Recommendation First Class 50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level

Vizio Also Outs Their 7-Inch Tegra 3 Powered Android Tablet at CES

It probably would have been a surprise if Vizio, the well-known budget-friendly HDTV manufacturer, had only announced a high-end 10-inch Android tablet at CES. After-all, they've done a remarkable job dominating that segment with TVs, so it wouldn't make sense to completely abandon that strategy with their Android tablet products. It runs out they haven't. Vizio also announced this morning they will be launching a new 7-inch Tegra 3 powered Android Tablet sometime early this year. Here's what we know about the tab:
    • Like a Nexus 7 but packaged the size of a Kindle e-reader
    • Tegra 3 processor
    • 7-Inch 1280 x 800 IPS display
    • 16GB of storage
    • 1.2 megapixel front-facing camera
    • "Bone stock" Android Jelly Bean

We aren't sure how Vizio will be able to distinguish themselves with a tablet that seems very similar to the Nexus 7, but based upon their past history, it is likely to be priced very aggressively. We will keep you informed when more details emerge.

Source: The Verge

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0
    Looks to be running "bone stock" ICS from that screenshot I hope that isn't the case though. I'm waiting for a bone stock android jellybean tablet with a rear camera as I have uses for the rear camera.

Right now I am waiting for jellybean on my samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 but later on plan to get something more powerful

Super Moderator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 25,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    If if is priced the same as the Nexus 7 they don't really need to do anything to compete. Vizio has a strong brand name and awareness, more so than Google branded Nexus (made by Asus), and should be able to sell based on brand recognition. If they start eating away any market share based on quality of product and name recognition alone then they will be a success.

With a large presence in TVs, a recent appearance in PCs, now 10" and 7" Android tablets and 11.6" Windows 8 tablets, they have done an excellent job of diversifying and will be a front runner in mind share if they can get the same wide spread sales distribution channels their TVs enjoy. In a way they sort of have the opportunity to be the new Gateway, Dell or HP (yes, at one time these were monster names in the PC world) in the sense that it is a brand people will go to because they know it.
    Nexus 7
    Nook Color -
    (SD): 1. CM7 7.1.0, 2. CM7 7.0.3 Encore
    (eMMC): CM10 Nightlies
    Nook Tablet 16GB: Jelly Bean
    VTAB1008: Rooted Gingerbread

Android OS Help & How To

“Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them.” - Albert Einstein

Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Vizio VTAB1008 / Pandigital Novels
    I have a Vizio 8" Tablet, that I love, and have been very pleased with customer service the quality build of thier devices! (I and family have sevral of their tv and tablets)

Ads: