Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Thanks Tree2Thanks
  • 1 Post By pbrauer
  • 1 Post By pbrauer

Thread: Please help me - I'm new!! Whatsapp question

Junior Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #

Please help me - I'm new!! Whatsapp question

Hiya there,

ive just got my new MID WM Tablet, running on 2.2 I believe.

I've downloaded Whatsapp........but it says "cant recognise your phone" well yeah, it's not a phone......so my question being...how do I use my Whatsapp on the tablet, with the same contacts ive got in my Blackberry ... ???

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease help - i'll never be able to figure it out

Suze

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Not every app can be used on every Android device. The message can't recognize your phone means that the developer has not provided a version that runs on your hardware. you may need to find a different messaging application, there are many out there and i am sure there is one that will work on your device.
    suze79300 thanked this.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member #
    Do you know how I can pair my Blackberry Curve with my Android Tablet?? So it can pick up my contacts from there?

50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    by far the easiest way is as follows (if you have gmail already skip that part):

1. get a gmail account at www.gmail.com
    2. install Google Sync on your Blackberry
    3. sync your contact from your blackberry to your gmail account
    4. sync your contacts from your gmail account to your Android.
    suze79300 thanked this.
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member #
    Thank you very much - I am on with that now. If I input my contacts into the tablet......is there a chance the Whatsapp would work???
    SOrry for the questions....I'm just pining after whatsapp so really hope I can get it to work!!

Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    by far the easiest way is as follows (if you have gmail already skip that part):

1. get a gmail account at www.gmail.com
    2. install Google Sync on your Blackberry
    3. sync your contact from your blackberry to your gmail account
    4. sync your contacts from your gmail account to your Android.

Member #
    Device
    probably not if it says it can't recognize your device. what is it you want to use that app for? perhaps we can recommend another choice
    Current Devices, ROMs:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    probably not if it says it can't recognize your device. what is it you want to use that app for? perhaps we can recommend another choice
    Here's what I did......

I downloaded Whatsapp onto the Android............direct from the Whatsapp website. (I saw this happen on the iPad and then there was an option to put your mobile number into the iPad).

When I went to Accept the terms & conditions to fully install App it says "We can't identify your device. Please turn off the phone, take out the battery, restart it and try again". this stumped me, as it's not a phone.

I would like to use a messaging service, that uses my contacts that ive inputted which works like Whatsapp........

1 year registered 500 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Motorola Milestone, Superpad/FlyTouch 2
    Quote Originally Posted by suze79300 View Post
    Here's what I did......

I downloaded Whatsapp onto the Android............direct from the Whatsapp website. (I saw this happen on the iPad and then there was an option to put your mobile number into the iPad).

When I went to Accept the terms & conditions to fully install App it says "We can't identify your device. Please turn off the phone, take out the battery, restart it and try again". this stumped me, as it's not a phone.

I would like to use a messaging service, that uses my contacts that ive inputted which works like Whatsapp........
    No offense, but it's called using common sense. The reason why it works for iPad is because you can insert a microSIM card into it. After all, iPad has a 3G model and so you can obviously go online anytime you want, hence why it makes sense that you can use an app like WhatsAPP as it requires a connection to use it. Most Android tablets don't use 3G and don't support SIM cards (that's why they are tablets, duh). WhatsApp works mainly on phones, so any Android phone should support it as it simply needs to register your number with it.

7 days registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Samsung fascinate

Question Asus Eeee Transformer

I am thinking about purchasing a Asus Eeee Transformer, anyone have one? How well does it work? Need more info before I buy!

31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Nothing....yet
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUndertaker View Post
    I am thinking about purchasing a Asus Eeee Transformer, anyone have one? How well does it work? Need more info before I buy!
    Did you mean to start a new thread maybe?

Ads: