Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #

Question Android Pad vs iPad

I plan to purchase a tablet pc in the hear future, but I don't quite understand the difference in the specs for iPad as opposed to the various Android tablet PCs.

The iPad comes in 16/32/64G of memory, but as I look at the various Droid tables it appears that most of them only have 2G of memory. That seems to be an extremely good argument in favor of the iPad if the Droid pads have such limited memory. But this discrepancy may just be in the way that the specs are written.

Can someone explain why there isn't a Droid tablet that has 64G of memory and therefore can compete head to head with a 64G iPad?

Also, it appears that it is fairly clear that with iPad one need only purchase the iWork components to be able to both read and edit MS Office files. This type of clarity doesn't seem to exist with Android and there seem to be a lot of "readers" for various file formats, but there is a dearth of applications that can actually edit the various file formats. So how can someone easily identify what they need purchase to be able to both read/write documents with MS Office compatibility?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    You are mixing elements here. The IPad 16/32/64Gb is the storage. NOT the operating memory. Think Flash storage versus DRAM like in a PC.
    A PC/Notebook may have 2Gb Ram and 500Gb Storage. The number you see are the same for IPads or Android.
    Most Android tablets on sale now have 128 to 256 Mb of RAM and 2-4Gb of storage. Only the Archos and a few others have more. The Archos Android tablets can have up to 500 Gb storage. BUT, these are hard drive storage. Most Android tablets use SD or MicroSD cards for extended storage.

The Android Tablets use products like Documents to Go for Microsoft Office document compatibility. There are other alternatives too. The most common though is Documents to Go.
    gurgle Tech stooge of the Internet
    Tablets Currently in Possession -Partial List
    MS --Fujitsu Stylistic LT TabletPC-Win98 / HP4400-W7U / Samsung Q1U- XPPro/V-Ult/Archos 9
    Android -- WItS A81E/ Archos 5/500 Archos 7HT/Archos 101/16/Asus Transformer 10.1/32 / G1

Remember-If You do not open it, you do not Own it

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #

Confused a bit

I never owned an apple and I do not like their attitude towards the general population. Basically they give you the choice between chocolate,strawberry, and vanilla. They tell you what processor they want you to have, what kind and how much ram to have etc.I personally build my own computers. I look at what is logical and what components have shown to be the most stable. I generally build a geeks dream machine for a whole lot less then most would expect. In fact they pay more for a machine at the big box stores that is a 1/4 of what I have. They have said in the past Macs are so great for photographers and artists/ musicians... keep drinking the koolaid I'm all that and never realized any of those problems the mac users tell me.
    On with these Droid pads I know a guy who is producing some great Ipad- Iphone apps for musicians (look up morph wiz) fabulous!!!! I look up stuff for droid and I get toy pianos and BS guitars. Someone said the droids can't handle sound, and unless this is addressed there will never be stage/studio quality sounds coming out of these. Like I said I do not own anything by mac, yet I used a friends I phone as a piano on stage the other guy had one with a guitar. The people at the theater stood up and applauded I just said crap!!! got back on my rig and started playing. I went to the Verizon store where I have my cell phone service I looked at the Ipad there and the girl who was a self proclaimed guru for I pads could not answer a single tech question. I told her I was just going to use this as a musical installment, a guy I know is co inventor of some apps and this is pretty much all I'll have on this. She was so excited I actually knew an app maker, I said he got an award for morphwiz. She nearly peed herself. I looked at her and said oh my God you have been drinking too much of the special robot making koolaid. She looked at me funny and I walked out. I guess Jobs has this one tied up. Funny you can buy 2 droids and fill up your SUV twice with gas for the price of an I pad

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    VIA,RK2808,Zenithink
    You can find kinds of pad in uebay.com, anywhere andriod is quickly grown.

Administrator Achievements:
    100,000 Experience Points Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    Android technically is not quite tablet ready yet even as of right now. Developers are still working on software for phones, not tablets. The iPad is really far ahead of Android in terms of large screen applications. Even for work related applications, Android isn't quite up to par with iOS.

Internal memory is not significant for Android because in most cases it is expandable via microSD. There are much more extensive networking options available for the most sophisticated.
    Huawei Ideos S7-104 on Singapore ROM, HSG X5A, RK2818 RT7, (Past: IMX515 APAD, RK2808 APAD)

My written articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License

本人現在已比較小時間瀏覽此論壇。有關和此論壇的合作關係,請聯絡admin或4Nines。

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by xaueious View Post
    Android technically is not quite tablet ready yet even as of right now. Developers are still working on software for phones, not tablets. The iPad is really far ahead of Android in terms of large screen applications. Even for work related applications, Android isn't quite up to par with iOS.
    What the heck are you talking about? iOS and the iPhone/iPad platform is NOT enterprise friendly. That's why so many companies refuse to adopt them and favor Android in an overwhelming way.

As an electrical engineer, I'm all about tech. Not a company groupie. I was an iPhone owner since the beginning because nothing touched it. Now I have an HTC Incredible, because Android (Linux) is a superior platform, period. My iPhone was jailbroken, by Incredible is rooted.

I've seriously played with the Samsung Galaxy tab, but feel 7 inches is a bit too small. I can't wait for the larger Android pads to be announced at CES.

iOS and the iPhone/iPad is a toy... a game. It's better for kids. If you're a business user and are looking for an adult business tool that can also entertain as well (if not better) than an iOS based unit, Android is for you.

Member #
    The memory thing is actually a limitation from Apple, not a feature. Apple does not offer the ability to increase memory at a later date, so you have to choose when you buy the iPad. An Android based device will have an expandable memory slot. You decide how much memory you need. You can save money and start low now and increase later.

The Android Market is easily searchable for any type of application you need. One of the more popular Android applications to read/edit/create MSOffice documents is "Documents to go". It will do everything you want.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Device
    Scroll Tablet
    Nobody mentioned the price difference between iPads and most generic Android tabs

The flood of new tablets this xmas has far exceeded apps written for larger screens. The apps will follow soon making this a very exciting time for android tablet owners.

I value connectivity - I can upload/download files to my tablet from virtually any PC by just removing the microSD. I can even transfer files to my phone by connecting it to the usb host port on the tablet. Give a friend some files on his usb stick - no problem with the usb host. iPad owners can only dream of this sort of flexibility. But then S. Jobs doesn't want you sharing files with friends or keeping them on several PCs.

Member #
    Device
    VIA,RK2808,Zenithink

Many android pad come

Many android pad come
    1.CPU: VIA ,Rockchip,telechip,freescale,zt-180,Yinfangwei ,Ti; MTK come soon
    2.CLOCK:300Mhz,400Mhz,600Mhz,800Mhz,1G
    3.RAM:256M
    4:NAND FLASH:2G
    5.SCREEN:7',8',10' ; R or C touch screen
    6.Android 1.6,2.1,2.2...

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 10,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Motorola Xoom
    It's still quite hard to convince an Android fan that the iPad is even in the same category. With tablets like the Xoom, HTC 10", Dell Streak etc... etc... these are just better tablets in most Android fans' minds. Although the iPad2 "looks" nice.. it's just not an Android tablet

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: