Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Member #
    Device
    Nextbook Premium 8, LG Optimus Chic

Trouble Downloading Apps to Nextbook Premium 8

Hi everyone,

My daughter received a Nextbook Premium 8 for Christmas and has been having trouble loading apps. I have enabled the tablet to install 3rd party apps in the device settings and also followed the instructions at Gunner's Barn for installing the Android Market (How to install Android Market to Nextbook Premium 7 | Gunners's Barn) but she still gets an error when downloading from SlideMe and the Android Market.

Oddly enough, she can visit the Android Market on our PC, choose an app, and download directly to her tablet that way but any time she tries via the tablet directly she gets an error message.

Now, I notice that the device settings screen does NOT have the same "Sync and Accounts" entry that my Android phone has...could it be that the Nextbook simply isn't storing her Android Market account information and; therefore, can't pass it along to complete the transaction?

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    Sounds like that is the problem. The credentials have to be the right ones, the same ones that work on the pc.

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
    Peter B. - email: tardis@androidtablets.net | Twitter: pbbrauer | Google+: pbbrauer | gTalk: pbbrauer@gmail.com
    Current Devices, ROMs:
    (Active) VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus- Rooted, Android ICS 4.0.2 | ASUS Transformer Prime TF201- Rooted, Unlocked, Virtuous Prime-9.4.2.15 v1 ROM
    (Retired) Viewsonic gTab - Rooted, Flashback 10.3 (Honeycomb) | Huawei S7 - Rooted, Froyo Fusion R2 | (Other) Nook Color (2 of these) | Gentouch 7/8 - Rooted, Lincrackers Pirate 3

Remember to "Thank" people that help you out! |Click here for general Questions?

Member #
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Sounds like that is the problem. The credentials have to be the right ones, the same ones that work on the pc.

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt
    Credentials are definitely the same...but I don't know if, how, or where the Nextbook stores any such account info. Good to know I can get the apps from the web site and I suppose I can always just use the tablet's browser to access the web sites but it would be nice to just use the apps to connect and download directly.

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    nextbook p8

Android Market

Quote Originally Posted by debrad View Post
    Hi everyone,

My daughter received a Nextbook Premium 8 for Christmas and has been having trouble loading apps. I have enabled the tablet to install 3rd party apps in the device settings and also followed the instructions at Gunner's Barn for installing the Android Market (How to install Android Market to Nextbook Premium 7 | Gunners's Barn) but she still gets an error when downloading from SlideMe and the Android Market.

Oddly enough, she can visit the Android Market on our PC, choose an app, and download directly to her tablet that way but any time she tries via the tablet directly she gets an error message.

Now, I notice that the device settings screen does NOT have the same "Sync and Accounts" entry that my Android phone has...could it be that the Nextbook simply isn't storing her Android Market account information and; therefore, can't pass it along to complete the transaction?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi.Can you tell me how you downloaded android market from your pc to your nextbook p8. My son is looking for an app on android market and i cant figure it out.your help would be grate.Thanks inadvance

Member #
    Device
    Quote Originally Posted by setanta View Post
    Hi.Can you tell me how you downloaded android market from your pc to your nextbook p8. My son is looking for an app on android market and i cant figure it out.your help would be grate.Thanks inadvance
    If you follow that link that I pasted into my first post you will find the instructions that I followed...very well written and easy to follow:

How to install Android Market to Nextbook Premium 7 | Gunners's Barn

- brad -

Ads: