Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MID 7" Tablet

Junior Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #

MID 7" Tablet

I have a manufacture MID 7" Android Tablet. It will not download Apps. It freezes at "starting downloads". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Euogo TPGA-718 (Flytouch clone)
    Quote Originally Posted by claypool74 View Post
    I have a manufacture MID 7" Android Tablet. It will not download Apps. It freezes at "starting downloads". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much.
    This is a known 'Android' problem This is not the fault of the tablet device as far as I can tell. See this thread:

Download issues: stalled at "Starting download" - Android Market Help

Essentially going into 'Manage applications' and clearing the data/cache for 'Google Apps, Market, GTalk etc' and then re-logging into the Market fixes it 'sometimes'.

It is the same on my tablet - very frustrating, and I have yet to find a reliable fix

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Have you tried downloading from different sources ? I sometimes find I can download OK from one site but not from another.

Are you using an SD Card ?

1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Euogo TPGA-718 (Flytouch clone)
    Quote Originally Posted by TQ13 View Post
    Have you tried downloading from different sources ? I sometimes find I can download OK from one site but not from another.

Are you using an SD Card ?
    Read the link I sent above. This problem is nothing to do with the device. An SD card is not needed, as apps are downloaded and installed to the internal 256Mb ROM (or what is left of it after the OS is running - about 140 meg in my case). The internet connection on mine is fine, I can download from and site via the browser - its just the Android Market with the problem.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdonaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by claypool74 View Post
    This is a known 'Android' problem This is not the fault of the tablet device as far as I can tell. See this thread:

Download issues: stalled at "Starting download" - Android Market Help

Essentially going into 'Manage applications' and clearing the data/cache for 'Google Apps, Market, GTalk etc' and then re-logging into the Market fixes it 'sometimes'.

It is the same on my tablet - very frustrating, and I have yet to find a reliable fix
    Someone from another forum mentioned disabling POP and IMAP on the google account may fix the problem. I tried it and it did make a difference, in a bad way. After logging in to the Android Market, my MID (flytouch epad) just rebooted itself, and since then it's in an erroneous state that I can't power it on.
    I see the screen lock screen but I can't get past it. Clicking on menu button would blacken the screen. Rebooting the device doesn't make anything difference. Currently I am letting the device to run out of battery to hopefully reset itself.

The link below is where I got the info from originally.
    market downloading

Member #

I need a rom update

Mine rom is broken this system does not want to start any more. where can I download new suitable rom?
    Its a EPAD MID 7" 256mb Cam and a usb adapter

Member #
    Device
    Epad
    Claypool74:

What i do is to look on google for the same app. I search untill i find a site where i can download it on my computer. After that i copy the software to my sd card and then i can
    install it on my tablet.

I dont know if this is working for all the apps but for the aldiko book reader it was working very good

Developer
    Achievements:
    50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points 10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    COBY KYROS 7015 | 7015A
    File Expert seems to work fine if you use a server, workstation, desktop, laptop, netbook to download the *.apk then use File Expert on your tablet to access the shared folder on Windows/Linux OS, USB Network Drive or NAS. I too see some files don't download like AK Notepad.apk if I download to a PC then slip it onto microSDHC won't install. Just be careful with some of these sites that you use for downloading from. Seems some files are not real and are fake.

Also if you have the memory space left on your internal storage then use that, but that 1GB, 2GB will fill up quick. 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB external storage on SD or microSDHC. Make sure you get class (4) @ 4mb/sec Class (6) @ 6mb/sec close more. Class (2) 2mb/sec will be slow but on most of these type of devices you might now even notice it.
    PowerCode 1000 DCX
    Coby Kyros 7012, 7015, 7015a, 7016, 7022, 7042, 7125, 7126, 7127, 8125, 8126, 8127, 9742, 1042, 1125, 1126 (Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean)
    Skytex Skypad Alpha, Gemini (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    Visual Land Connect, Prestige Ice Cream Sandwich)

45x Tablets Owned/Tested/Configured/Tweaked/GUI: Running OS: 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 4.0, 4.1 | Since 2010

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by monto View Post
    I see the screen lock screen but I can't get past it. Clicking on menu button would blacken the screen. Rebooting the device doesn't make anything difference. Currently I am letting the device to run out of battery to hopefully reset itself.
    i got the same problem couldn't pass the lock screen... i don't know what to do so, i just press the on/off button for about 10 seconds and suddenly the green android icon popped up, then appear the lock screen and i pressed the menu button the problem just disappear... mine is 7' MID Tablet from China.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered

Member #
    I need the same did you ever find the rom update. If so can you tell me where to download or post the link.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads: