The problem then is, you are limited to mostly popular apps, and are missing out on a ton of useful stuff.
Originally Posted by fdogg
09-14-2012 09:38 PM
I was able to get Google play to work on my Trio. Took me two months to figure it out but I finally got it working.
I wrote out how to do it below this post. Sorry...it looks long but it was fairly easy.
I hope you all have success in this like I did.
For those of you who do not have the drivers for the Trio, When I find the website when the android drivers on it, i'll post it for you all.
The drivers are needed to follow the steps below this post.
ALSO: There is a good App store called 1mobile market. Just google it on your tablet and download it. It's just like Google Play. Has all of the same apps. I used it before I got Google Play. I just compared them and they are very similar.
Last edited by YannaMariex; 10-19-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Okay so here is basically how I got Google Play to work on my Trio (I USED A MICRO SD CARD W/ A MICRO SD CARD ADAPTER FOR THIS SINCE I HAD THE 0.00 INTERNAL STORAGE ERROR BUT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS ERROR THEN YOU DO NOT NEED THE MICRO SD CARD) Also, this will delete everything from your tablet so back up whatever is needed.
REFERRING BACK TO WHAT BLUECARBON SAID "it is an ly-f1 clone"
The Trio already comes rooted. Before, I accidentally un-rooted mine and I ended up with the 0.00 internal storage error. I didn't know how to fix it at first but after 2 months of research I finally figured out what to do. When I finally fixed it, I was able to get Google play on my tablet. So if you too have the 0.00 internal storage error, you can follow these steps as well to get your tablet properly working again & gain Google play in the process. Here are the steps I took:
1. I typed into google "Ly-F1 custom mod recovery" and I found this thread: CWM Recovery 18.104.22.168 for Allwinner A10 LY-F1/TREQ Tablets - xda-developers
2. I followed all the steps listed on the thread. (Download, put on SD card, open terminal application) I will go over this with you--please continue.
>> Now, you can use the Terminal Emulator but since I didn't have that on my Tablet (I wasn't able to download it because of the 0.00 internal storage error) I used the adb shell.
For those of you who don't know what the adb shell is then you should download Android SDK. Follow the instructions precisely and make sure you have the appropriate drivers for your trio. (it took me awhile to find the drivers. I can't remember the website I visited to download them but if you search you will find them.)
3. If you decide to use the adb shell like me FIRST, you should open CMD on your computer. You would do this by going to start and typing CMD into the search bar. Or you can click on Run and type CMD into the box. This should open your command prompt.
4: Make sure you have your Trio plugged into the computer and usb debugging should be on. You can turn this on by going into settings, scrolling down to developer options and checking the usb debugging box.
Making sure your device was found:
5. Now we're going to check to make sure your device was found when it was plugged in. If you're familiar with the ADB shell and have used it before then you can skip this step. To make sure your device was found you need to code the following into your command prompt, hitting enter after each line of text.
cd androidsdk/platform-tools (some of you may have to type just "tools' depending on which version you have)
After hitting enter you should see your device's serial number. This shows that your device is connected and was found. If you do not see your device serial number either you don't have the correct drivers for your device or you did not enable usb debugging mode.
6. Now we're going to start the adb shell by typing the following, again, pressing enter after each line of text.
You should now see the following symbol:
some of you may see the symbol below depending on which version you have:
After you see either of the symbols you are now able to issue commands to your phone via your pc.
7. Now we are going back to the thread (link) mentioned above in step one.
By now you should have dowloaded the CWM recovery 22.214.171.124 (choose the latest link)
8. Once downloaded, I placed EVERYTHING onto my tablet by dragging it onto /sdcard. (internal) Put it anywhere on there. (I didn't place it in any folders)
9. Now go back to the ADB shell and code the following next to the # symbol it should look like this:
After pressing enter, you will see your tablet reboot into recovery mode.
10. You can use the volume buttons to move up and down and use the power button to select. Simply click reboot. (for now until we come back to recovery mode)
11. Your tablet will now reboot.
12. Now on your computer, go to this link: [ROM][Allwinner A10] Choco Ice Cream 4.0 BETA1 for LY-F1/TREQ - xda-developersRead all of the risk before you decide you want to do this. (I read the risk and did it anyway. My Trio turned out fine. Of course I cannot say the same for yours so do this at your own risk!!!)
13. I then downloaded the Choco ice cream 4.0 beta rom
Once this is installed on your trio you will have some different features and apps like SuperUser, The Terminal Emulator, and of course the Google Play store.
14. READ THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AT THE LINK. SKIP STEP 2 BECAUSE WE ALREADY DID THAT.
15. DOWNLOAD THE PROVIDED FILE/ROM.
16 It will be a zip file. DO NOT UNZIP. IF YOU HAD THE 0.00 INTERNAL STORAGE ERROR, SIMPLY PLACE THIS ON YOUR MICRO SD CARD (not in a folder on it) and put the micro sd card back into your tablet. IF YOU DID NOT HAVE THIS ERROR SIMPLY PLACE THIS ONTO THE INTERNAL SD CARD OF YOUR TABLET AND PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEP.
LAST FEW STEPS:
17. We now need to go BACK into recovery mode. You can do this by running adb shell again and coding the same code from earlier OR you can simply shut down your trio tablet. Once it is shut down press the center of the volume button until the WHOLE thing is pushed in. Do this WHILE holding down the power button. Keep it held for a few seconds until you see the the screen come back on. Once you see it, you can let go and it will reboot into recovery mode.
18. Now, use the volume buttons to move up and down to highlight your selection in recovery mode.
19. PLEASE SELECT: INSTALL ZIP FROM SD CARD. (press the power button once to select it).
20. If you placed the rom on the micro sd card then you should select 'Choose zip from sd card' if you placed the rom on your internal sd card you should select: 'Choose zip from internal sd card'
21. Now find where you placed the rom/download. Use the volume buttons to scroll up and down. Once you find it, select it with the power button.
22. Scroll down until you see 'Install choco ice cream 4.0beta1_LYF1.zip'
23. Select this with the power button.
24 It should now start to install. This will take maybe 3 minutes tops. Just be patient. (I was nervous...don't be nervous).
25. When it's done, wipe the data and the cache. (it was one of the options listed when you first start recovery mode) I did not do this because I had nothing on my tablet anyway but it is recommended.
26. REBOOT THE TABLET.
Every time you reboot/start your tablet from now on it will be a new, different/better screen. You will see some text that says 'Calling all speed demons' which will display for a few seconds (well at least for mine it did) just be patient it just means your tablet is booting up.
AND YOU ARE NOW DONE ENJOY YOUR REFRESHED TABLET AND YOUR GOOGLE PLAY.
If you google aptoide and download it you can get all apps in your tablet even google play. Good luck!
i am having a very hard time too, i am going try the amazon from get jar and see what happens
I tried this on y daughter's trio stealth pro 9.7 but google play store still closes. what else can I do other than take it back and get something else. I am afraid to erase everything and start over. I tried to factory reset but that doesn't do anything. Can anyone help a "not tech savy" mom to get google play store?
Aptoide works!!! In My Denzel Washington Voice (#MyMan)
Last edited by tabletthomas; 01-07-2013 at 09:56 AM.
I downloaded several apps from apps.triomp3.com
and it worked great!
worked on my trio lite 4.3
After installing aptoid i was able to get google chrome on my Trio Lite 4.3"
Originally Posted by tabletthomas
|If it's important to you, you'll find a
way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
If you're too busy for friends,
You're too busy.
|Attention lurkers! Join the forum,
and enter Spider into the referrer
field of the application.The $0.00
USD fee will be waived.
|People will forget what you said.
People will forget what you did.
But, people will never forget
how you made them feel.