Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Member #
    Device
    None at the moment

Question Best Android Tablet for Game Emulation?

Hello there. I am buying an Android tablet. I don't currently own one, so I don't know if this post belongs here. I've been searching and this seems like a good place to ask. What is the best Android Tablet for emulating game consoles such as Nintendo 64 or Playstation, or possibly Nintendo DS fluently? I was thinking of replacing the Kindle Fire or Google Nexus 7's flash memory card, but I'd like to hear from you guys. I'd prefer a 7 inch and under $400. the Motorola Xoom 7" looks pretty good.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by RustyBulletHole; 07-08-2012 at 07:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Level
    Device
    ASUS TF101
    The Nesoid series is pretty good. I use NESoid and SNESoid all the time with a WiiMote and classic controller to play old school games. (nesoid.com)

N64 Emulator in the Play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result) has good reviews. I have not tried it, but that should do what you need.

As far as replacing the memory card, I am going to say good luck. Most of these devices have it soldered on to the board, and it is also partitioned into a few pieces (data, cache, system, recovery, etc.) and you would have to get these partitions (and a recovery program) on to the chip before it will boot to anything. Without recovery, it would pretty much be like a PC with no BIOS and an empty hard drive.

You may want to consider the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus or the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Both come with a minimum of 8 GB of internal storage and advertise 32 GB capable microSD slot (if you format the 64 GB card to NTFS those work as well).

It has a slightly lower resolution than the the Nexus7, but with storage expansion. The Galaxy Tab 2.0 7" sells for around $250 for the 8 GB model. I have not seen any larger ones, but I heard a rumor they exist. I saw the 32 GB 7.0 Plus for $438 on Amazon (and it has a better front facing camera than the Tab 2 7.0)

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munchin on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene. - Homer Jay Simpson

Member #
    Device
    Coby Kyros Mid1125
    Hp touchpad!!!! It ships with web os. But thanks to cyanogenmod 9 and the ability to dual boot both android and web os, makes the touchpad the best tablet in the world for the price. I currently own several tablets so im not just saying it for nothing...but i can tell you to stay away from coby kyros tablets, they are cheap in price and in hardware

Member #
    Device
    None at the moment
    Twin, I'm sure the HP Touchpad is nice, but I'm looking for a tablet around 7 inches. also, would you guys recommend the Motorola Xoom 7" once it comes out?

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Level
    Device
    ASUS TF101
    I have not heard any (recent) news about a Xoom 7. I you can opt to wait, but it may never happen. Back in Feb 2011 Moto hinted at a Xoom 7" by year end. So far, nothing.....

Motorola's Sanjay Jha hints at a 7-inch tablet before the end of the year, foresees tablet prices dropping -- Engadget

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munchin on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene. - Homer Jay Simpson

Ads: