Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 100 Experience Points 7 days registered

Member #

how to find my stolen tablet

My tablet was stolen and i have no tracking software on it help please

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Super Moderator Achievements:
    10,000 Experience Points 5,000 Experience Points 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points

Member #
    Device
    Better question What don't I own, Oh a generic APAD
    I am sorry. But the hard truth is: If you did not write down the serial number, you report it to the police and the police happen to find and recover it. You are out of luck. I know that is a hard truth. The problem is even tracking software is not always a solution either.
    The dangers you face are:
    1. If you registered it with Google Play and a Credit Card is associated with that account. The device can acquire apps and such from the Google Play store potentially
    2. If you installed Amazon App and you associated it with a Credit Card, there is the potential for that account to be compromised. Not as easy as it used to be, but still possible.
    3. If you have not changed your passwords associated with email or similar accounts you have installed on the app have the potential for reading and misuse.

I would recommend you suspend the account you used with the Tablet or at least change the passwords for all relevant accounts.
    gurgle Tech stooge of the Internet
    Tablets Currently in Possession -Partial List
    MS --Fujitsu Stylistic LT TabletPC-Win98 / HP4400-W7U / Samsung Q1U- XPPro/V-Ult/Archos 9
    Android -- WItS A81E/ Archos 5/500 Archos 7HT/Archos 101/16/Asus Transformer 10.1/32 / G1

Remember-If You do not open it, you do not Own it

Member #
    Device
    Acer A100

What if you have the serial number?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgle View Post
    I am sorry. But the hard truth is: If you did not write down the serial number, you report it to the police and the police happen to find and recover it. You are out of luck. I know that is a hard truth. The problem is even tracking software is not always a solution either.
    The dangers you face are:
    1. If you registered it with Google Play and a Credit Card is associated with that account. The device can acquire apps and such from the Google Play store potentially
    2. If you installed Amazon App and you associated it with a Credit Card, there is the potential for that account to be compromised. Not as easy as it used to be, but still possible.
    3. If you have not changed your passwords associated with email or similar accounts you have installed on the app have the potential for reading and misuse.

I would recommend you suspend the account you used with the Tablet or at least change the passwords for all relevant accounts.
    I had mine stolen on 26Dec12. I have the serial number, and it is in the national stolen stuff database. But, the local, part-time, police would not even view the store video, saying they had more important things to do..... Really, they said that!

Anyway, the wheresmydroid app did not work for me, saying I had not linked it to gmail.....

I may also have the WiFi MAC, and Bluetooth MAC, if that were to be helpful.... I would certainly think they are floating around somewhere in a Google server, too....lol

Any hope of tracking it, using that info?

Capt36

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran 50,000 Experience Points 25,000 Experience Points Recommendation First Class Recommendation Second Class

Member #
    Level
    Device
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted & ManualNooted Google Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB
    If the police happen to recover the tablet, your chances of getting it back from them are better if you included the serial number in the theft report. Other than that, it's not much good. I read recently that there are thousands of stolen phones being used and the phone companies know they're stolen. As long as the phone bills get paid, they don't care and don't report them to the police. As you found out, the police probably wouldn't bother to follow up anyway.
    If it's important to you, you'll find a
    way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
    If you're too busy for friends,
    You're too busy.
    Attention lurkers! Join the forum,
    and enter Spider into the referrer
    field of the application.The $0.00
    USD fee will be waived.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget
    how you made them feel.