Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Junior Member Achievements:
    Created Album pictures Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    SVP TPC7901

Connecting my SVP TPC7901 to my Windows PC... how?

first i'd like to say greetings from New Hampshire. it's nice to be here as I have perused your forum on a few occasions and found it helpful.

I recently acquired an Android Tablet ( SVP TPC7901 and i got it for REALLY cheap aka free). i know its not the greatest tablet but im gonna tests its limits. I cant seem to find any info on how to sync it up with my PC for file transfers and such. i figured this would be the place to ask. I have access to many forms of hardware and software so if i need something specific, dont be afraid to suggest it. it hast 2 USB mini - B host ports and I tried several USB cables but it is still not recognized. ive read about a few programs that may aid in my dilemma but i figured i wud consult the 'oracle' first before installing excessive crap onto my already overburdened laptop.

thanx in advance

~w.i.s.c.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

Member #
    Device
    SVP TPC-PA0952 9-inches Android 4.0 Tablet PC
    Hello from Tucson, AZ,
    I also recently purchased a SVP Android tablet. Mine is a 9" TPC0952. I connected my tablet to my PC with the USB cable, which came with the tablet. The settings I used on the tablet were 'Connected as Installer', 'USB large storage'. My Win 98 PC picked up the tablet as a 'USB mass storage device'. It was NOT able to find a driver for the "Android' device but the file structure of the Android tablet showed up as a drive 'MID' in Windows Explorer. Another drive showed up as a Removable Drive and, because when I click on it it asks me to put in disk, I think it the SD card slot.
    So then I copied an .AVI file into the Android 'Movies' folder. But when I use File Manager on the tablet there are no files in the 'Movies' that show up. Neither does it show under 'Storage' that any storage space has been used.
    So I am wondering where the file that I transferred went, if anywhere and, if that is not how to transfer a file using via USB, how would I do it? I have ordered a 16gig SD card, which might help.

Thanks,
    Dan

Member #
    Device
    SVP TPC-PA0952 9-inches Android 4.0 Tablet PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonlx View Post
    Hello from Tucson, AZ,
    I also recently purchased a SVP Android tablet. Mine is a 9" TPC0952. I connected my tablet to my PC with the USB cable, which came with the tablet. The settings I used on the tablet were 'Connected as Installer', 'USB large storage'. My Win 98 PC picked up the tablet as a 'USB mass storage device'. It was NOT able to find a driver for the "Android' device but the file structure of the Android tablet showed up as a drive 'MID' in Windows Explorer. Another drive showed up as a Removable Drive and, because when I click on it it asks me to put in disk, I think it the SD card slot.
    So then I copied an .AVI file into the Android 'Movies' folder. But when I use File Manager on the tablet there are no files in the 'Movies' that show up. Neither does it show under 'Storage' that any storage space has been used.
    So I am wondering where the file that I transferred went, if anywhere and, if that is not how to transfer a file using via USB, how would I do it? I have ordered a 16gig SD card, which might help.

Thanks,
    Dan

OK, It's a learning experience. I disconnected the tablet from the PC. Then when I looked into the "Movies" folder on the tablet the file I transferred was there. I am now able to play the movie on the tablet. First significant operation I have been able to complete with the tablet. I have ordered a router so I can use the WI-FI. But I might try to d/l an app . apk installer file and see how it goes.

Best Regards,
    Dan

Ads: